Installer reports memory problem (but shouldn't)

Eddy

Installer reports memory problem (but shouldn't)

Posted:22 Apr 2008 (09:48 UTC)
Hi,

on trying to run the bitweaver 2 installer, I ran into a "Not enough memory!" problem. I checked my php.ini, but that says

memory_limit=32M

so I suppose that is not the problem. From the lack of any figure in the error message, I think bitweaver fails to recognize how much memory is available. I am running lighttpd 1.4.9 with php5 on a Debian system (Kernel 2.6.18-4-amd64).

Here is the installer output:

Not enough memory!
Unable to run installer

The memory limit of "" is not high enough to run the bitweaver installer. Please up the memory limit in you php.ini to at least 16M to install and run bitweaver.

What can I do?

Regards,
Eddy
Dave Simcox

Re: Installer reports memory problem

Posted:17 Jun 2008 (02:44 UTC)
I'm having this problem also, how do I fix it?

here's my error"The memory limit of "-1" is not high enough to run the bitweaver installer. Please up the memory limit in you php.ini to at least 16M to install and run bitweaver."
Anonymous

Re: Installer reports memory problem (but shouldn't)

Posted:30 Jul 2008 (14:19 UTC)
I had this issue, with the installer reporting "" amount of memory. I have a compiled version of PHP running on OpenBSD, so the installer probably just couldn't find the memory setting...which for me, on a phpinfo(); reports 128M of memory for PHP.

I just commented out line 24 to 58 in the install/install.php file to bypass the check. Reload the page and it'll go forward. Obviously you should only do this if you're sure of your memory settings.
  Page 1 of 1  1