Bugs in Bitweaver 2 - can't use until bugs fixed

Perry Myklebost

Bugs in Bitweaver 2 - can't use until bugs fixed

Posted:22 Apr 2008 (11:57 UTC)
I've been looking at Wiki's and Chat Room programs for 1 month now and have settled on TikiWiki. Bitweaver is a much better looking product but has a bunch of bugs which force me to TikiWiki. Here are 2 bugs I found in version 2:

1) As Admin and looking at a board, when I click the icon for "Non sticky thread" I get a red Ajax warning of
"board id not given". Can't make a thread sticky. Also, when displaying ANY board thread/page the error message "Done, but
with errors on page".

2) Clicking the "Warn Post" triangle generates php errors. Is anyone using
this software?

I'm not going any further since these 2 bugs are killers for me.

I'd love to use Bitweaver and would spend a lot of time Beta testing it if someone wan't me to.

Anyway, I'm going ahead with TikiWiki and if Bitweaver fixes some bugs will migrate over here - I love the look and feel of Bitweaver.
JJ

Re: Bugs in Bitweaver 2 - can't use until bugs fixed

Posted:24 Apr 2008 (18:50 UTC)
I'm noticing quite a few bugs myself. I would call it Beta software and I don't mind testing it out. I also think that it shows promise and might be worth the effort to stick around and try to help out with the bugs. I'm not so sure how quickly bugs get fixed by the core team, but they do seem accessible via IRC.
Yet still no newsletter.tpl... and still not working correctly on bitweaver.org.
Will

Re: Bugs in Bitweaver 2 - can't use until bugs fixed

Posted:28 Apr 2008 (11:40 UTC)
boards is a bit buggy. ive noticed the ajax features are actually working on the back side, but the updates to the page are not happening. On page refresh the changes are reflected. I personally have a project dependent on boards so fixes are happening to that package - whether they are happening at a rate conducive to your goals is up to you. I expect many boards bugs will be worked out over the next two months.
  Page 1 of 1  1