Bitweaver IS the best CMS out there!!!

Perry Myklebost

Bitweaver IS the best CMS out there!!!

Posted:25 Apr 2008 (12:40 UTC)
Bitweaver is THE best CMS out there….so what do we need to get it working?

I’ve just spent a whole month reviewing EVERY CMS out there that is free to the public to use and installable on a web hosting site. Hands down the winner is Bitweaver – it is a commercial grade product in features.

Sadly it is 95% working and that last 5% is a real killer. What do we need to encourage the developers to finish that last 5%?

I’m no programmer but a wiz at documentation and Beta testing. I can’t get far with R2 of Bitweaver so I can’t do my part to find bugs and help with documentation.

I’m open to paying for fixes to Bitweaver, but of course, I’d want first access to that version; not that I want exclusive rights but first crack at a version that I can forge ahead and install web sites that generate money for me.

So what do we need to do to get Bitweaver R2 working?
EzyBiz

Re: Bitweaver IS the best CMS out there!!!

Posted:25 Apr 2008 (20:32 UTC)
Hi Perry,

Send me a PM with your email, and we can talk about what you want.
Will

Posted:28 Apr 2008 (11:37 UTC)
If you would like to contribute to bitweaver you can talk directly with the most active developers on our IRC channel #bitweaver on freenode network. That's were development is generally coordinated.

As for latest code, you can always get the latest and greatest from cvs. There are updates to the code already made since R2 was released. We could use help testings a R2.1 actually. But when you install from cvs you can get code updates as they happen. See GetCode.
Kozuch
Profile Picture

Posted:16 May 2008 (09:27 UTC)
I pretty much agree with the 95% vs 5% count. However, since I am with bitweaver, there were always missing the 5% - dont know whether on my side or on bitweavers, but there was still a little bit missing towards real fully working product.

Joomla, Drupal, XOOPS etc. they all are very basic on packages and functions, but I want to say they are 100% what they are - I mean what you get is mostly 100% working.

I tried to put my best into bitweaver, but unfortunatelly I can not see a great shift. R2 is perfect, but actually still not 100% working from my point of view. It is shame, because I gave up few sites because R2 did not work 100% for me. It seems more like rather minor bugs (if they even are bugs, some may be forgotten stuff or bad usability), but it is pitty the community can not push these always away from a "stable" release.
  Page 1 of 1  1