On the point of giving up, please help

Sue phillips

On the point of giving up, please help

Posted:26 Apr 2008 (19:01 UTC)
(:sad:)(:sad:)I've been trying for 3 or 4 days no to install bitweaver but between you and my hosting provider, you're not making it easy - lol. A few days days ago I started to follow the installation proceedure in your docs folder and downloaded the file from the link in there. It wasn't until I'd uploaded it all (including all of the .htaccess files manually, one by one) and started the installation that I realised I was installing an older version - thelink had taken me to the 1.3 version not the v2 one - sigh.
So I delete it all, download the new version (upload all of the .htaccess files by hand again) and start again. Now I can't get past the first screen. I click 'Begin the installation process' and instead of going to the next screen, I just get a browser information message that says:
The connection was interrupted
The connection to XXXXXXXXXX was interrupted while the page was loading.

This appears a split second after clicking to begin the installation. I wondered if it may have been a consequence of the aborted earlier install, so I tried again on another domain (same shared hosting) and get the same problem.

I have since, installed tikiwiki one the first domain with zero problems, if that's any clue as to what the problem might be or not be and I can run the bitweaver stand-alone check on both domains - they both pass.

Help please! (I can't seem to find you on irc, I just tried).
Will

Re: On the point of giving up, please help

Posted:28 Apr 2008 (11:31 UTC)
if chatting on IRC the best thing to do is post your question and then remain connected to the channel and wait for an answer. sometimes people are around and will immediately answer and sometimes you may need to wait a few hours for a reply. sorry we missed you.

broken connection sounds maybe like a memory issue on the server. though you say the connection was broken immediately. it would be nice if we had a url we could see, and post your php memory allocation.
  Page 1 of 1  1