GoDaddy and bitweaver

kryptex

GoDaddy and bitweaver

Posted:27 Apr 2008 (14:56 UTC)
I was wondering if GoDaddy and bitweaver are compatible. I have been having problems with their MySQL server communicating with the wiki. It is strange.

Any help would be welcome.

Kryptex
Will

Re: GoDaddy and bitweaver

Posted:28 Apr 2008 (11:27 UTC)
Were you able to run the bw installer and get a site basically installed?

You should post details about your problem, we can't really help you out without specifics.
Kozuch
Profile Picture

Posted:16 May 2008 (09:14 UTC)
Actually,

my first shared host was GoDaddy (I logically tried the hosting there as I had my domains with them at that time too). However, it is really a very simple hosting with not even cPanel, so options are very limited. Bitweaver did not work there, but I can not remember the reason any more.

Go with SiteGround or HostGator if you can - both tested and work pretty much OK.
bmoorefree

Posted:04 Jun 2008 (00:31 UTC)
I use godaddy hosting. and by default, NO it is not compatable with bitweaver,

The problem I had was that it(PHP.ini) requires 16mb and godaddy is set up for only 8.

Now that doesnt mean Theres no way possible.

I would contact them and ask them to Edit /etc/php.ini, or on some systems /etc/php5/apache2/php.ini and change the variable memory_limit to a number that is 16M or higher.

My solution was my own linux server(debian 4.0), so far so good.
Bobby Richardson

Posted:04 Jul 2008 (00:52 UTC)
I use 1and1.com - on a shared-host. Providers usually only have one version of 'X' environment - specific versions of Apache/MySQL/PHP, etc. on their shared-hosts - and won't let you anywhere near the configuration files since changes would affect ALL users on the server.

Don't know about GoDaddy, but 1and1 will let you 'override' some PHP settings by adding a PHP.ini file in your root directory; and including just the settings you want to change. Some settings, of course, can't be changed, like whether or not PHP is compiled with debugging support...

You could try contacting GoDaddy support & asking if you can do that.
  Page 1 of 1  1