Lost Theme after Header.tpl change

xristina

Lost Theme after Header.tpl change

Posted:12 May 2008 (16:37 UTC)
i'm new to bitweaver. i made the changes to include a favicon in the header.tpl and after that the whole design of the site was lost. i changed between my own theme and given themes, but it still shows the plain html without the css. what could have happend?

thx for your help
xristina
laetzer

Re: Lost Theme after Header.tpl change

Posted:13 May 2008 (20:33 UTC)
Could it be a caching issue? When you change anything in your theme, switching to another theme should load its CSS. Maybe your modified file is cached somewhere? Try Kernel > System Cache, and force Smarty to recompile your templates during development (a setting in /kernel/config_inc.php). Did you apply the theme after changing it (green icon)? Which version of bitweaver are you using?
Anonymous

Posted:14 May 2008 (15:48 UTC)
thank you for your advice, but unfortunately it didn't help. I use bitweaver R2. no matter what css i use (my own or predefined ones - and i apply them after changing) the header.tpl is not included (looking at the source code)

any other ideas??

thx a lot!

xristina
Daniel

Posted:16 May 2008 (06:25 UTC)
Hi,

i'm new to bitweaver, too. i think i've got a similar problem. in /bitweaver/temp/templates_c are folders for every theme. after deleting these folders, changes are visible in my browser.
laetzer

Posted:16 May 2008 (16:31 UTC)
Aha! Cool. That is called a cache. - Pages, which are normally dynamic, are cached in pre-compiled form (and saved in the directory you mentioned), so that your bitweaver site feels faster for your visitors, meaning that those pages won't be compiled for each visitor, only delivered. Click "clear all" in Kernel > System Cache to purge that cache while your site is in development.

Also, bitweaver offers at least 3 more caching mechanisms for fine tuning/for your needs ... Gzip (compressed source code), liberty cache (page content), and a module cache (column boxes; in seconds). Those wouldn't really be responsible for theme problems though.
  Page 1 of 1  1