RSS and Boards Qs

kinderlehrer

RSS and Boards Qs

Posted:25 Jun 2008 (09:41 UTC)
(:question:) Can I assign an rss feed to generate for each wiki page? ie when the page is updated a person gets a message through the subscribed-to-rss for that page only.

(:question:)Can I link directly to a particular board thread from a wiki link?
spiderr
Profile Picture

Re: RSS and Boards Qs

Posted:26 Jun 2008 (04:11 UTC)
{quote format_guid="tikiwiki" comment_id="10845" user="kinderlehrer"}Can I assign an rss feed to generate for each wiki page? ie when the page is updated a person gets a message through the subscribed-to-rss for that page only. {/quote}

Not currently but that is a great idea - RSS on content history in general would be nice, and fairly easy to implement. Also RSS of all recent changes would be nice too.

{quote format_guid="tikiwiki" comment_id="10845" user="kinderlehrer"}Can I link directly to a particular board thread from a wiki link?{/quote}

You can do it the old fashioned way using square brackets and a relative link, ala [/forums/topic/10845|this topic]
kinderlehrer

Re: RSS and Boards Qs

Posted:28 Jun 2008 (09:06 UTC)
Thanks, it took a bit of trial and error on my part but your suggestion on how to link to a particular board worked.

ie 'boards' not 'forums' and taking the url back one step to the right directory for the site:

directory/boards/index.php?b=1

(:question:)Is there a way to set the board component up, to use the name of the board and not the number?
  Page 1 of 1  1