Tables

kinderlehrer

Tables

Posted:04 Jul 2008 (08:54 UTC)
(:question:)How do I code equally spaced columns in a table? At present it looks totally random. Would like 6 columns.

Also I'd like to change the colours and patterns behind the cells - is this a css back-end task? Thanks
kinderlehrer

Re: Tables

Posted:13 Jul 2008 (10:00 UTC)
bump
M.Olli

Posted:16 Jul 2008 (21:17 UTC)
bump too - but will have a look for it next week 'cause then i'll need it..
laetzer

Posted:17 Jul 2008 (10:20 UTC)
Do you want to write a table in wiki code in a wiki page, and have its columns evenly spaced? One solution might be, to use HTML instead of wiki code. Plus FCKeditor or TinyMCE, they should have a build-in table tool.

Another good solution for this is through CSS, as you mentioned. If columns are supposed to be 6 for one single table, the question is how to address it with a selector. The simple solution is to wrap the table in a DIV element, either in HTML (if you allow HTML), or with bitweaver's DIV plugin (curly brackets).

Another CSS solution, more generalized, might be to introduce the ID of the page a user is currently visiting as a class name.

/themes/styles/yourstyle/kernel/bitweaver.tpl

<div id="container" class="cid{$gContent->mContentId}>

With that, it's easier to address single pieces of content throughout your site. On the downside, if there are two of these pieces on one page, but should look different, you'd still have to introduce wrapping DIVs.

/themes/styles/yourstyle/yourstyle.css

#wiki div.cid100 div.display table td {width:15%}

kinderlehrer

Posted:18 Jul 2008 (04:21 UTC)
Thanks Laetzer. Will have to really think about what you have written!

I notice that in BW 2.x there is a tab, behind the wiki page edit tab called 'wiki help' which also has formatting advice borrowed from TikiWiki. How up to date is this?

Is that same page on this wiki? I'd like to add it to The Absolute Beginners Guide if possible.
  Page 1 of 1  1