second installation in subfolder

christina

second installation in subfolder

Posted:11 Jul 2008 (15:16 UTC)
hi,
is it possible to install a second bitweaver system in a subfolder of an existing installation?

i copied the files of bitweaver r2 in a subfolder of an existing bitweaver site. but when i start the installation process it shows me a blank page and also a blank source code. if i put html before the php start, this is shown. so are there problems with the php code beeing in a subfolder of an existing installation or has this nothing to do with it?

many thanks for your help

xristina
laetzer

Re: second installation in subfolder

Posted:11 Jul 2008 (18:31 UTC)
It has nothing to do with it, I think. Bitweaver should install into any directory. After installation, it's based on the information from /kernel/config_inc.php. There are path info, database info, temp folder info and so on. It's weird though that you don't get any errors. Usually, if IS_LIVE is not set to true (which it couldn't, before the installation), if there is a problem there is at least an error message.

Maybe you could try to copy your existing Bitweaver install into a subdirectory, and change its install path in /subdirectory/kernel/config_inc.php. The Bitweaver install from that subdirectory should then be exactly like the install one level up, I think. Just to see if it works.
xing

Re: second installation in subfolder

Posted:12 Jul 2008 (20:01 UTC)
christiana: it's not possible to put bitweaver within another bitweaver. i don't think this will change any time soon due to the way bitweaver works and scans directories. if you insist on having one install within another, you could modify your code to allow this: in your kernel/BitSetup.php file you need to modify scanPackages() to exclude the directory where you have your bitweaver installation:

<?php
// change this line
if( ($dirName != '..')  && ($dirName != '.') && is_dir(BIT_ROOT_PATH '/' $dirName) && ($dirName != 'CVS') && (preg_match'/^\w/'$dirName )) ) {

// to
if( ($dirName != '..')  && ($dirName != '.')  && ($dirName != 'bitweaver_sub_dir') && is_dir(BIT_ROOT_PATH '/' $dirName) && ($dirName != 'CVS') && (preg_match'/^\w/'$dirName )) ) {
?>

Page 1 of 1  1