error500+javascript+datapluginobjects+hatml/website integration

M.Olli

error500+javascript+datapluginobjects+hatml/website integration

Posted:16 Jul 2008 (21:14 UTC)
Hi everyone!
Just new to bitweaver and like it very much so far - but there are some problems I got with it. Since no one answered on the support-email-list i'll give it a try here :)

I downloaded vR2_2.0.2 but it says in the installed version that it is v2.01. I read somewhere one other guy had this problem too. this isn't fixed yet?

When I attach a picture in a wiki page, very often I get a problem with
the header and some misconfiguration in a .php-file or (at the moment)
an Error500-Internal server error. Permissions wrong? I use bitweaver on
a shared host.

Can I present pdf files also inline of a wiki page (like in a html-page)? How?

Can I embed some own javascripting in wiki-pages or other types of
pages? Where and how? Tikiwiki does have a plugin for that (but i's from 2005, so don't know if it's still working...)

When enabling my datapluginobjects it disappears afterwards. And in the wiki text embedding java doesn't work.
The code { java scr=http://www.xyz.com/javacode/mycode} should be right?

Is there any possibillity to avoid the use of wiki-words in
special cases without disabling the option generally? Like the word "Java-Plugin" renders as Wikiword but it shouldn't be one...

I read in the forums that someone wanted to create a package that you can put your static html pages into a wiki page. That's what I'm looking for, too. Any progress so far? Or any other possibility to do that?

Quite a few questions, yet i'm just beginning with bitweaver and didn't find any fitiing answers on the bitweaver-website...Hope my english spelling is quite alright :)

Thank you very much for any answers!!!

Good night,
M.Olli.
laetzer

Re: error500+...

Posted:17 Jul 2008 (10:47 UTC)
> 3. pdf files also inline of a wiki page (like in a html-page)?

What did you try so far? The quickest solution might be to use HTML as content format, either globally or only for single pages. Do you include PDF through the object tag? If HTMLPurifier is enabled, make sure it's not one of the blacklisted tags (Liberty > Plugins > HTMLPurifier > Edit).

> 4. own javascripting in wiki-pages or other types of pages?

For single pages there's no solution, I think. To include your own Javascript code globally, you can paste it into /themes/styles/youstyle/themes/header_inc.tpl. You can see there how external files are included (comes with compressing and caching), or you can also just paste code snippets in there (wrap like this {literal}...your code...{/literal}).

> 5. datapluginobject disappears

The random disappearing of data plugins is a known bug. It might be fixed in recent CVS code.

> 6. avoid wiki-words

Wrapping them in reverse double brackets like ))Java Plugin((.
M.Olli

Re: error500+javascript+datapluginobjects+hatml/website integration

Posted:17 Jul 2008 (13:23 UTC)
Hi laetzer,

thanks for your answer!

3. pdfs
I used the <embed> and the <object> tag but in both cases it says that this operation is not allowed? Linking to the pdf does work. I am not that shure about it: Is is generally unusual to "embed" a pdf? Or is this a problem of bitweaver?

4. javascript
I want to integrate a javascript function so that I can sitch between images with a "back"+"foward"-button. So -if I understand you correctly- this is not possible: Even when I programm a function in header_in.tpl I have to call the function from within the wikipage. Only solution would be to program a plugin? That's right?

Tikiwiki seems to have some modules to handle this: http://doc.tikiwiki.org/tiki-index.php?page=HTML+Pages&highlight=content%20format%20html and http://doc.tikiwiki.org/tiki-index.php?page=Dynamic+Content+Admin&highlight=content%20format%20html.
This is not yet possible in bitweaver?

Greetings M.Olli</object></embed>
Will

Posted:20 Jul 2008 (12:40 UTC)
1 - we forgot to change the number in the code when that download was built - technically it makes no difference. you can ignore it.

2 - make sure you have the correct permissions on storage and temp - if you do it should work fine. the installer generally won't let you proceed if you have those wrong. if thats not the issue create a new forum topic with more specific details about this issue.

3 - you can use the attachment plugin code to display any attachment including pdfs inline. you should be able to attach pdfs if you can attach other files like images.

4 - allowing people to embed javascript in wiki pages on an open site is a real bad idea. if you want to allow it you'll have to create a plugin to do so. which is relatively easy if you write php.

5 - i dont know

6 - laetzer answered

7 - not sure what you mean, you want to import html to wiki? there is a excellent converter available through PEAR (IIRC). I used it to port ~60 pages of html to wiki. The requests required some post conversion tweaking to make things perfect but it did 95% of the hard work.
M.Olli

Posted:04 Aug 2008 (11:06 UTC)
M.Olli

Posted:06 Aug 2008 (15:29 UTC)
Thanks for the answers so far!

At the moment I rather use bitweaver as a CMS for my personal Website (References and Knowbase), so security reasons with other people wouldn't be much of a problem. Bad think anyway: I don't write php - just starting.

So: Can I realize "back" and "forward" buttons (for moving between different pictures to show) from within the header_inc.tpl? Problem here: I havn't found any header_inc.tpl in my bitweaver files - except an (almost) empty one in the lynx-style. So I am quite unsure how to realize it since I havn't found any tutorials or in-depth-explanation of this matter.

Maybe someone has a good link to relevant ressources or to some relevant pages in the bitweaver wiki? Would be nice.

I was thinking to integrate some external html-Sites like you usually do with the html-tags "inline" or "object" (e.g. for integrating mapapplications). These may also be dynamic sites. So this question somehow also belong to question 4. How might this be possible?

Since bitweaver advertise itself not just as a wiki but as a cms I think some html+javascripting in site-editing should be possible. Or what do you think?

Yet: Maybe it is already possible but I didn't find any ressources regarding this topic!

Greetings
M.Olli
  Page 1 of 1  1