Hypen generates wikilink

kinderlehrer

Hypen generates wikilink

Posted:17 Jul 2008 (09:38 UTC)
(:question:)Why is is that if I have a hyphenated word in my wiki body text that it 'automagically' wants to create another wikipage from it? Is there a setting that I can turn on/off that stops this? Is it a bug? Or how do I 'un-code' these words please?

(I really like the ease of generating a new wikipage by coding a word with brackets around it, saving that page and then clicking on that word to generate its own page, and wouldn't want to turn that feature off though!)
laetzer

Re: Hypen generates wikilink

Posted:17 Jul 2008 (09:48 UTC)
It's called "HotWords", you find it in Admin > Wiki > Settings. If you turn it of, you always have to put double brackets around words that should link to a page (potential or existing). If you leave it on, you have to wrap the word in "reverse brackets" to prevent the automatic link: ))no link((.
kinderlehrer

Re: Hypen generates wikilink

Posted:18 Jul 2008 (00:02 UTC)
Thanks Laetzer for the advice on what this is and where to find it - think then its called "Wikiwords" in the latest version - is that right?. Wikiwords looks set to change the underscored word to a Wikilink so I presume it is not case specific either.

I had been reverse bracketing until I realised that it was always to do with hyphens and that the words were becoming more prolific as the site developed.
  Page 1 of 1  1