Groups under "Assign Column module" - works?

Anna Marie

Groups under "Assign Column module" - works?

Posted:01 Aug 2008 (15:54 UTC)
Hi,

I'm trying to have the "bitweaver info" package display only when an admin is signed in. To do this, I thought I'd go to Themes>Manage Layouts. By default in the "clean" theme (the one I'm using), the "bitweaver info" package shows up in the right column.

First I removed the bitweaver info package (by clicking the delete icon next to its name in the right column layout), then went down to the bottom of this page to add it back in again.

In the "Assign column module" tab, I chose Kernel>Bitweaver info and told it to display in the right column. In the Groups field, I highlighted "Administrators". Then clicked "Assign".

When I logout as admin (so I'm just a visitor), I STILL see the Bitweaver info box in the right column. Does the "Groups" field not work or am I missing some other parameter I need to set?

Also, in this same tab ("Assign column module"), an entry in the "Title" field doesn't seem to work either... that is, I type a new title for a package and the default title shows up instead...?

Perhaps this is a caching issue? Or...?

Thanks,
Anna M
EzyBiz

Re: Groups under "Assign Column module" - works?

Posted:01 Aug 2008 (19:48 UTC)
This could well be a caching issue. Make sure you clear all personal data in your browser, and try again.
Anna Marie

Re: Groups under "Assign Column module" - works?

Posted:01 Aug 2008 (23:57 UTC)
I did clear the bw cache using the admin option (can't remember where it is now) but that didn't help. I also saw that there are group permissions settings in the admin. tried those, too (turning off access to anonymous users to some of the packages) but after I logged out, I still saw the packages that I was supposed to not be able to see.

For now, I've just removed these packages entirely...guess I'll just have to live without 'em.

thanks for the reply, though.

Anna Marie
  Page 1 of 1  1