Removing auto-numbers from Wiki TOC

Anna Marie

Removing auto-numbers from Wiki TOC

Posted:01 Aug 2008 (23:54 UTC)
Is there any way to remove the display of automatic numbers from a Wiki book's structured TOC (use of )? I've looked but can't find a setting for this in the admin, so I thought I'd try the TPLs... It looks like the one that is used is book_toc.tpl...but that just has the one line:

• {section name=sitem loop=$structure_tree}

Please enter a valid 'page_name', 'page_id' or 'content_id' to include in this page.

{/section}

I can't find the "structures_toc_level.tpl" file anywhere...I did a google search on it and found it used in TikiWiki (!), but not in bitweaver. Does anyone know where this is and if this has some code in it that I can remove so the numbers don't show?

Normally, the numbers would be fine, except I'm creating a real book-- with one chapter for each Wiki page. So the numbers don't match the chapter numbers...and it looks pretty confusing...help!

Thanks,
Anna Marie
Anna Marie

Re: Removing auto-numbers from Wiki TOC- solved!

Posted:02 Aug 2008 (01:20 UTC)
I found the TPL responsible for the numbers displayed to the left of the TOC entries. It is:

liberty/templates/display_toc_inc.tpl

on line 11, there is code to display the number. I commented it out and it worked! Whew...that only took me ALL DAY to find...sigh.

Anna Marie
Lester Caine

Re: Removing auto-numbers from Wiki TOC

Posted:02 Aug 2008 (19:52 UTC)
Finding out which module or plugin is responsible for something can be a problem, but the flexibility of being able to modify things or even add your own modules is the main reason bitweaver came into existence ;)
Anna Marie

Posted:03 Aug 2008 (11:41 UTC)
I appreciate greatly that I can change something, but the serious lack of documentation is what keeps bitweaver from enjoying a larger audience, imho. If I could afford to work for abosolutely nothing (I work for practically nothing now), I would spend time documenting every aspect of this product, because it seems fundamentally excellent. However, when I go and search google for "powered by bitweaver" sites, I'm distressed to find that most people don't customize it at all...just take it as is... what a shame, since as you say, the customization is its strong point.
Lester Caine

Posted:04 Aug 2008 (14:32 UTC)
I've been doing my best to document the areas I'm using ;)
And the API documentation is actually fairly complete.
But some of the user documentation does need a little more work ....

It's a pity that tikiwiki has only now 'seen the light' and are finally talking about the modularization that bitweaver implemented 4 years ago. The framework is stable, and any of the additional tikiwiki packages could be incorporated with little work.
  Page 1 of 1  1