PEAR::Auth

Keith McDermott

PEAR::Auth

Posted:08 Aug 2008 (12:08 UTC)
I am trying to get BitWeaver to work with PEAR::Auth properly so I can get LDAP authentication working before my site goes live.

The first problem I found is that PEAR::Auth was being reported as being not installed despite it being installed and obviously on the server. I had to correct the case and location of Auth.php in install/install_checks.php (had to be set to PEAR/Command/Auth.php). This got the installer to finally see it.

However, my next problem is trying to get BitWeaver itself to see it in the 'login settings' admin page. I tried altering the path again, but this time no joy on getting it to work. (The next file i'm editing is users/auth/ldap/auth.php)

Any help at all is greatly appreciated as LDAP authentication is required for this installation.
Lester Caine

Re: PEAR::Auth

Posted:09 Aug 2008 (18:57 UTC)
Keith - There are a number of problems with the PEAR stuff, and it has moved around on different systems so that getting things working sometimes can be fun.
I did have a play with LDAP a little while ago, but have had to modify the basic stuff for my multisite setup so I did not actually get it working.
Keith McDermott

Re: PEAR::Auth

Posted:11 Aug 2008 (14:01 UTC)
Do you have any tips on which files to even start with for modifying? So far I've only found the file above which really only lets PEAR::Auth pass validation during the setup. I've yet to find anything useful on getting LDAP Auth to show up as an option in the admin section of the site at all.

Other than this and tikiwiki itself, the only LDAP-possible wiki i've found that might work is twiki which is not acceptable as it caches the entire LDAP database locally (The database this will connect to could contain over 50,000 users although only a fraction of those would access the wiki).

Keith
  Page 1 of 1  1