screen different local access vs. Internet Access

Anonymous

screen different local access vs. Internet Access

Posted:31 Aug 2008 (19:29 UTC)
Bitweaver install was successful, but I have a public IP address via dyndns. When I access my bitweaver site locally it looks perfect, but when I access the same site over the Internet the theme control is totally lost. How can I see things perfectly locally, but not over the internet?
laetzer

Re: screen different local access vs. Internet Access

Posted:31 Aug 2008 (21:57 UTC)
Do you mean by control, that your theme vanishes? As if there was no CSS file anymore at all? That could be a problem with the paths. Maybe there is a CSS file referenced, which does work with local paths only? You could post the header portion of your page's source code to pastebin.com, and post the links back here (or in IRC) for somebody to debug.
Scott Baxter

Posted:01 Sep 2008 (01:44 UTC)
Thank you very much for the prompt reply. I'm just beginning to experiment with Bitweaver, and the install is strictly 'out of the box' with no mods. I have not downloaded any extra themes, only using what was provided in the latest build. By no control I mean the screen is white and all the links that were formally nicely formatted are now large blue text arranged vertically down the left side of the screen. No frames or anything that I can discern. The main content is WAY down the screen off the display and I have to scroll to get to it. This only happens when I use the dynamic IP path. Locally, it's spot on.
laetzer

Posted:01 Sep 2008 (02:18 UTC)
Ok, that sounds like the description of the top menu in its accessible (unstyled) form. This means, the CSS file (the style of your site) is being included as it should when you access your site locally, but not when you go dynamic. You could set up your site using the third possibility, a 'normal' hosting provider, to see if the problem has to do with the dynamic path. Or you paste the source code of your site for others to take a look at.
  Page 1 of 1  1 
If you are already registered, please enter your login credentials.
Anonymous Post