2nd round of simple questions

ulukai

2nd round of simple questions

Posted:20 Sep 2008 (13:21 UTC)
Hi,
I'm back with a few more simple questions.

1.) In fisheye gallery i have a few main galleries and than each main gallery contains a few pictures and also subgalleries. Currently there is nothing that would tell the user which tumbnail leads to image (of the main gallery) and which thumbnail leads to subgallery.
Can I do something with this?

2.) On the main title bar (where dropdown menus like Wiki, Image galleries, File galleries, Callendar are located), there is one dropdown menu on the first position which is called like my wiki is called. It contains these "links" List content and List users. I really tried but couldn't find a setting which hides this menu. Is there a way how to hide this menu from all (or all but admin) users?

3.) We are using bw for gamedevelopment (free game). What do you think would be the best way how to setup some kind of "request" feature. What i mean with this request feature is that anyone could submit a request for let's say artwork, 3d mesh or texture and all developers would somehow get this request or only specific group would get it (like texture artists) and someone would take the task.

4.) Is there something in bw that would be the most suitable feature for task tracking? Or is there some solution which is not installed in bw by default?

5.) In my current layout I have "package menu" in the left navigation column. Can I somehow create custom menu similar to "package menu" which would always display my custom set of links to different wiki pages?

6.) Can I somehow easily swap "enter" and "shift+enter" behaviour in fckeditor?

Thanks a bunch.
Download

Re: 2nd round of simple questions

Posted:20 Sep 2008 (17:42 UTC)
> 1.)
> tell the user which tumbnail leads to image
> (of the main gallery) and which thumbnail
> leads to subgallery.

You could do it similiar to the way /photos is set up, to display every subgallery as a "simple list" (or something) and every not-subgallery with images floating next to each other inside.

This wouldn't work that great if a gallery has subgalleries and images inside itself, so you could do something like this in your style's CSS file:

/themes/styles/your-style/your-style.css

#fisheye li.fisheyegallery {border:1px solid #00e}
#fisheye div.fisheyeimage {border:1px solid #000}

> 2.) main title bar
> first position which is called like my wiki is called
> way how to hide this menu from all (or all but admin)

There might be a better way, but you could go to Admin > Themes > Menues > Tab Settings and put something like "Home" or "Start" in the input "Menu Title". Listing of content and users can be forbidden somewhere else, I think. Or you could copy the template file /kernel/templates/top_bar.tpl to your style's directory /themes/styles/your-style/kernel/top_bar.tpl and edit it.

> 3.)
> "request" feature.
> someone would take the task

Conceptually, that would be a "tracker", I believe. Bitweaver doesn't have that yet.

> 5.)
> display my custom set of links to different wiki pages?

You can use Nexus Package to create any menu imaginable.

6.) Can I somehow easily swap "enter" and "shift+enter" behaviour in fckeditor?

That must be possible. Ask at FCKeditor's forums though. It's probably going to be a one liner in your custom config.
Anonymous

Posted:20 Sep 2008 (19:13 UTC)
Thanks for the answers.

1.) That doesn't look too good. What I get is a long frame around main galleries in gallery list (this would be ok so far). But when I go to one of the main galleries (which contains images + other subgalleries), I get "link" frame around images + they are framed in another frame which is of a square size different from the actuall thumbnail (which are mostly not square) - so the second frame is wider than the not-square thumbnail.

2.) There is Visibility option in Admin > Themes > Menus, there are all the possible menu items except this "home menu". But at least I can rename it, I missed this before. So I have renamed it to "." and doesn't take so much place. This way I have the menu, but it's almost invisible (:biggrin:) . Thanks for the tip.

5.) Oh, thanks. When I first installed bw I have disabled almost all features because it was too much to manage at first (and this was first wiki i have installed :) )

6.) I see, I will check fckedtior boards.

Thanks.
Download

Posted:20 Sep 2008 (22:15 UTC)
I didn't test that CSS example. It's obviously very primitive just to give you an idea about the direction in which to go. It only draws a link-blue border. For an actual styling you can do anything CSS can do, background images, colors, different looks for nested selectors, anything.

For the space eater homepage link: you could even put a white space instead of a colon. Or make that meu item invisible with CSS:

/themes/styles/your-style/your-style.css

#nav li.m-home {display:none}

Anonymous

Posted:21 Sep 2008 (09:19 UTC)
Thant thing with homepage link worked really well. Thanks.

About the gallery, unfortunately I don't know much about css and how all these things work together. So I kinda don't have idea what should I try.

I would be absolutely happy if I could get different color frame around subgallery and different around actuall picture and if they would be just the size of the thumbnail (so if thumb is 50x100px, frame would be the same + 1 or 2px or something like that).
  Page 1 of 1  1