Media attention

Kozuch
Profile Picture

Media attention

Posted:01 Oct 2008 (14:54 UTC)
After the Packt 2008 CMS Award did not quite work out for bitweaver, has anyone an idea on some easy (or tough) media attention task? Creating page about Bitweaver on Wikipedias could be the first easy one (EN is pending though).
laetzer

Re: Media attention

Posted:01 Oct 2008 (15:36 UTC)
Are you sure Wikipedia articles result in attention? Couldn't we just write to the media itself? If someone was to compose an objective article about Bitweaver, even comparing it to a few other solutions (you know, those pro VS con essays), maybe a specialized magazine could be interested in that.
kinderlehrer

Posted:01 Oct 2008 (21:50 UTC)
Yes, doing a Wikipedia page is important - they feature highly on Google search results. Good luck though - its harder to keep something on there than finding a needle in a haystack.

What about writing an advertorial or paragraph and posting to various related forums - where people who have a need, hang out. Target the BW 'solution' to the declared need.

Taut for a review from print PC magazines, or online 'Gurus'.

Make a button or banner that users can put on their other sites with a link back to this site. Sorry, but I still feel this site needs to be a bit more intuitive and more along the lines of K.I.S.S. This site is the showcase itself for the product. If the site is easy to use = the software is easy to use.
kinderlehrer

Posted:01 Oct 2008 (22:16 UTC)
If someone was to compose an objective article about Bitweaver, even comparing it to a few other solutions (you know, those pro VS con essays), maybe a specialized magazine could be interested in that.

Can 'we' find some of these online and re-create them here, adding BW into a column, and of course extending the assessment criteria to show that BW has added features?
Kozuch
Profile Picture

Posted:03 Oct 2008 (14:46 UTC)
There is a wiki page called MediaBlitz for "Strategy, Tactics, and Brainstorming for generating PR for bitweaver". However, I dont think it that much effective. My idea is simple link building to bitweaver.org through forum signatures. Unfortunatelly am I not very active on an English-speakin forum these days. Hopefully someone is.
  Page 1 of 1  1 
If you are already registered, please enter your login credentials.
Anonymous Post