Sorting tables

Brian

Sorting tables

Posted:02 Nov 2008 (00:48 UTC)
I'm a new bitweaver user and I'm trying to figure out if the wiki plugin supports sorting on values in a table. In mediawiki I can do a thing and be able to click on column headers in a table and have the table sort automatically.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to figure out how to do this in bitweaver. Is it possible?

Thanks!
kinderlehrer

Re: Sorting tables

Posted:02 Nov 2008 (09:42 UTC)
Sounds like a great feature Brian.

I am not sure what you are talking about specifically when you say a "wiki plugin" though - which plugin do you mean?

From what I have found, a table in a wiki page can either be created using wiki format (ie using | for cell breaks etc) or using a WYSIWYG editor like FCKeditor (html).

Wiki format tables are manually arranged (ordered).

The FCKeditor that I have installed doesn't have a sort feature, in fact it doesn't even have an add row or add column function!

So I think the answer may be that BW doesn't have this functionality built into it. It would be nice to be wrong on this though and perhaps another user can put us both straight.
kinderlehrer

Posted:02 Nov 2008 (10:33 UTC)
I have to thank you Brian!

Without your query I would never have found out that FCKeditor does in fact have an add row and add column feature.

I was expecting to see it in the icons at the top of the window but instead I found a tutorial on the FCKeditor website that shows that you right click over the table and a menu pops up there that allows you certain editing features.

Still no 'sort' though (:wink:)
Brian

Posted:02 Nov 2008 (14:21 UTC)
KinderLehrer (Child-teacher?),

I apologize if "wiki plugin" was unclear. I simply meant to refer to the wiki functionality in bitweaver. As I understand the architecture, virtually all aspects of bitweaver are "plugins" so I tried to refer to them as such.

The way mediawiki does it is to have a small image in the column headers that when clicked sorts the table data based on that row.

Thanks for the help!
kinderlehrer

Posted:02 Nov 2008 (19:51 UTC)
Sorting a table by a certain column would be a great feature. You could try adding it to the Feature Requests list on Sourceforge or if you are familiar with IRC, ask the dev's themselves on the Bitweaver Channel.

With regard to the Bitweaver terminology I am only a hop, skip and a jump further along than any other beginner but here are some explanations....

Bitweaver has a core (required packages) - Kernel, Liberty, Storage, Themes, Users.

Then it has packages that you can choose to activate or deactivate. Wiki, Blogs, Newsletters, Articles etc.

Plugins can be added to enhance the package or core functionality.

Modules are what get positioned in the layout of your site.

Hope that helps.(:smile:)
Lusserall

Posted:22 Mar 2010 (23:54 UTC)
This is a old Topic but i haven't been able to find a way todo this.
So is there a way to sort tables in bitweaver like FancyTable in tikiwiki?

hxxp://doc.tikiwiki.org/PluginFancyTable&structure=Documentation
Tikiwiki uses jQuery plugin tablesorter.
hxxp://tablesorter.com/docs
  Page 1 of 1  1 
If you are already registered, please enter your login credentials.
Anonymous Post