how to upgrade bitweaver ?

rk

how to upgrade bitweaver ?

Posted:12 Dec 2008 (11:01 UTC)
Hi,

I have to upgrade bitweaver 2.0.0 pre alph to latest stable version 2.0.2 on a production system.
What care to be taken without disturbing the current version.

Need help asap!!

Thanks in advance,
RK
laetzer

Re: how to upgrade bitweaver ?

Posted:12 Dec 2008 (15:47 UTC)
If you have to do the upgrade on the production install and cannot run two installs at once, you should first backup your entire Bitweaver directory and your database. To prevent users from contributing data while you're doing the upgrade, close your site for maintenance in Admin > Server settings.

Download the current Bitweaver, unpack and overwrite everything in your current install folder. Keep an eye on customized files like your style or your kernel/config_inc.php. Then go to newbitweaver/install/install.php. From there, the installer guides you through the process. There is also a documentation page on upgrading Bitweaver.
rk

Posted:17 Dec 2008 (12:18 UTC)
I was able to get the download.

The current bitweaver folder is Bitweaver and X database name and will also take a backup of the database.

Named the new download of bitweaver to bitweaver_2.0.2 and will create new database and then initiate the install pointing the install to /bitweaver_2.0.2/install/install.php.

Will this work?
Sorry it might be a silly doubt for you ,but please help.

Thanks alot for all the help!!
laetzer

Posted:17 Dec 2008 (13:05 UTC)
Sounds to me like this will work, though I'm not 100% sure what exactly happens in this case. I suppose the installer will guide you as if it was a new install of Bitweaver, and at the point where you provide the name of the database (your current one or your backup), it will guide you further as if it was an upgrade.
  Page 1 of 1  1