navigation bar problem

Sven

navigation bar problem

Posted:31 Jan 2009 (19:02 UTC)
Hello,

the the drop-down function of the navigation bar in bitweaver 2.5 doesn't seem to work. I installed it without any problems and it displayed a huge list instead of the drop-down menu.

I afterwards installed 2.1 RC4 and the navbar was fine.

Are any problems known with release 2.5? Because I didn't find anything on the net. May it have been something I did wrong? My installation is on a windows laptop using xampp.

Best regards,

Sven
laetzer

Re: navigation bar problem

Posted:02 Feb 2009 (13:07 UTC)
Hm. Same thing happened to me under Windows on Xampp. I thought it was the new ie7.js, but I'm still not sure. Is there a difference between browsers, or when you disable/enable the "PNG Hack" in Admin > Themes > Themes Settings?

If you're interested in a collaborative bug hunt, let's join on IRC some day. Almost none of the main Devs use Windows or IE, so these bugs live longer than others. We should find out the trigger first.
Pete

Posted:16 Feb 2009 (03:48 UTC)
Have you been able to come up with anything on this?

I'm using Wamp on XP and I see menu dropdown problems on both IE7 and FF3. Dropdown selections do work, but the menu does not collapse.
Bobby Richardson

Posted:20 Feb 2009 (14:35 UTC)
I haven't nailed it down to what specific steps to correct it, but I've had the same problem on every upgrade.

I think it's a combination of cached css/js code and conflicting bitweaver settings. It seems that I had to disable
  • Themes->Menus->Dropdown Menus,
  • Themes->Theme Settings->IE7-js, Joined CSS/JS, and Packed CSS/JS.
  • Nexus Settings->Suckerfish.

Then clear
  • Kernel Settings->System Cache
  • Nexus Settings->Rewrite Menu Cache.

Then walk back thru and Enable
  • Nexus->Suckerfish,
  • Themes->Menus->Dropdown Menus,
  • and whatever options in Themes->Theme Settings.

Also have a look at your server's cache'ing and directory/file permissions (of the CHMOD command variety, NOT bitweaver user/group permissions.) I had to CHMOD the blogs directory to get blog edits to work on my server.

Now that I re-read this, you turn a bunch of stuff off, flush the cache, turn stuff back on.

Bitweaver is like a hot girlfriend: you love to have her around, but sometimes she really drives you nuts!
Erik

Posted:31 Mar 2009 (11:05 UTC)
nas

Posted:16 Sep 2009 (09:37 UTC)
I have the problem with version 2.6.1 too but only if I install on windows ( i try on windows XP), but work on linux (I try on Centos 5.2)
Lester Caine

Posted:16 Sep 2009 (10:01 UTC)
I don't think we have got around all of the problems with windows at either end. There are still a few niggles switching between IE6,7 and 8 and there are problems with all the different combinations of software on a windows server.
Need a little more info on just what your setup is, but the first thing to try is to Administration->Themes->Theme Settings and switch off both joined and packed. Other options for packing the .css and .js are being worked on, but Windows seems to be more of a problem than Linux here.
nas

Posted:24 Sep 2009 (04:37 UTC)
I run on apache 2.2.13, PHP 5.2.10 on windows XP Sp3 . I test using firefox 3.5.2 and IE 7 , both have the same problem. After try your sugestions, I still get same problem.
nas

Posted:13 Oct 2009 (03:02 UTC)
I've try bitweaver v 2.7, and this problem has been solved.

Good job
Will

Posted:13 Oct 2009 (03:49 UTC)
The javascript drop menu option in themes is supposed to solve this.
  Page 1 of 1  1