White screen of death after upgrade.

jeff
Profile Picture

White screen of death after upgrade.

Posted:02 Feb 2009 (20:42 UTC)
Hello all,

I was just trying to upgrade from 2.0.0 to 2.5.0. After uploading and unpacking the compressed file from the /builds directory, I copied the appropriate files from the old directories (as instructed on the upgrade page of the wiki). I then pointed my browser to install.php and went through the upgrade process. I got an error about missing tables during the upgrade process, but had the installer try and create the missing tables. That worked, and the rest of the upgrade appeared to go perfectly fine. The final page said the upgrade had successfully completed and that I could enter my site. I clicked on the link, but all I got was a white page. I can't seem to get back into the site, and all pages I try and navigate to just give me a white page. (except the install page).

not sure what else to try. anyone know what may have happened?

Thanks in advance.
laetzer

Re: White screen of death after upgrade.

Posted:03 Feb 2009 (12:19 UTC)
Hopefully, what happened is recorded in you error log. First, set IS_LIVE to FALSE in /kernel/config_inc.php, visit your site again and post the error that should now be visible back in this thread. If it's already set to FALSE, search for the error message in your server's error logs, if you have access to it. Mainly Apache's error log and PHP's error log.
jeff
Profile Picture

Posted:03 Feb 2009 (16:01 UTC)
Well, I seem to be having a problem pasting the code into the boards here. After I paste the code here, I get a preview that looks fine, but an error messages that says "links are not allowed" and won't let me actually post a reply. I've tried posting with different formats (html, bbcode, etc) but to no avail. So I'm not sure how to post the code here. any ideas?

Thanks.
laetzer

Posted:04 Feb 2009 (14:29 UTC)
Paste the code to http://pastebin.com/ and poste the resulting link back in here. Pastebin.com is public with no privacy.
jeff
Profile Picture

Posted:04 Feb 2009 (18:19 UTC)
Since the last post, I restored the site from backups and tried running the installer again. It worked but I did get this message during the upgrade:

SQL errors that occurred during the 2.1.0 upgrade:
CREATE TABLE liberty_meta_titles ( meta_title_id INTEGER NOT NULL, meta_title VARCHAR(250) NOT NULL, PRIMARY KEY (meta_title_id) )
CREATE TABLE liberty_attachment_meta_data ( attachment_id INTEGER NOT NULL, meta_type_id INTEGER NOT NULL, meta_title_id INTEGER NOT NULL, meta_value LONGTEXT , CONSTRAINT `lib_attachment_meta_id_ref` FOREIGN KEY (`attachment_id`) REFERENCES `liberty_attachments` (`attachment_id`) , CONSTRAINT `lib_attachment_meta_type_ref` FOREIGN KEY (`meta_type_id`) REFERENCES `liberty_meta_types` (`meta_type_id`) , CONSTRAINT `lib_attachment_meta_title_ref` FOREIGN KEY (`meta_title_id`) REFERENCES `liberty_meta_titles` (`meta_title_id`) , PRIMARY KEY (attachment_id, meta_type_id, meta_title_id) )
CREATE TABLE liberty_attachment_prefs ( attachment_id INTEGER NOT NULL, pref_name VARCHAR(40) NOT NULL, pref_value VARCHAR(250) , CONSTRAINT `lib_att_prefs_content_ref` FOREIGN KEY (`attachment_id`) REFERENCES `liberty_attachments` (`attachment_id`), PRIMARY KEY (attachment_id, pref_name) )

However, I was able to complete the upgrade process and enter my site without a problem.

The site I was trying to upgrade is a beta site. It's not my live site. Just for the heck of it, I tried upgrading my live site and all worked well.

So I post this error for reference for the devs. My site is up to date and running fine.

And great work too. Lots of cool new features I'm having a blast checking out.

Thanks for your time.
maulapi

Posted:21 Feb 2009 (17:34 UTC)
Yes, also for me the same error displayed during upgrade from 2.1.0 to 2.5.
Then i continued ugrade and finally all works.
  Page 1 of 1  1 
If you are already registered, please enter your login credentials.
Anonymous Post