why does bitweaver load very slowly

Dan

why does bitweaver load very slowly

Posted:09 Feb 2009 (02:59 UTC)
My bitweaver platform loads very slowly. Is there any way I can speed things up?

thanks,
dan
laetzer

Re: why does bitweaver load very slowly

Posted:10 Feb 2009 (00:33 UTC)
Ways to speed up page load are listed on the page Performance: /wiki/bitweaverPerformance.

You'd have to provide more info about your server (I once cloned an install to a second server, the page load dropped from 1 second to 200 ms) and your Bitweaver configuration. Which packages are active and so on.

Anyway, there's lots of research and tweaking left to do to improve Bitweaver's performance. If you do test and tweak, please share the results.
Bobby Richardson

Re: why does bitweaver load very slowly

Posted:10 Mar 2009 (21:08 UTC)
Browser settings can make a difference also. If your browser is set to check pages on every visit, it'll download all the page elements every time.

Or if you're using IE and don't have it set to store copies of pages visited to local harddrive, it'll do the same thing - download all the elements, even if nothing has changed since the last time you visited.

The amount of RAM you've got can be a factor. I use DSL, so my network activity light only flashes for a second or two when I click on a link, but since my system is old and slow, it can take 5 or 10 seconds for a page to be displayed on screen.
  Page 1 of 1  1 
If you are already registered, please enter your login credentials.
Anonymous Post