Blog spam

Kozuch
Profile Picture

Blog spam

Posted:16 Feb 2009 (09:32 UTC)
Is there a way to enable moderation for blog posts before publishing or otherwise get rid of the blogspam we get? Seems like somebody is creating accounts simply to post s single blog spam entry per account once in a while... I do delete the blog spam regularly, but lately I do not have time to check often enough and so the spam may hang there a while.
laetzer

Re: Blog spam

Posted:17 Feb 2009 (20:08 UTC)
In my opinion, posting to Blogs could be disabled for normal users. I think it was mostly a way for users to test out the program Bitweaver on the site bitweaver.org instead of a demo site or their own, just as they can upload images of their pets and parties to bw.o. If bw.o wanted to leave this approach in favour of a strict "Bitweaver only"-site, there could be a few blog channels (like the existing ones that actually make sense, like the Dev Blog, some Beginner Blogs and such), and users who ask some admin type of person could then be allowed to post into this channel. Thinking of it, that could be a chance to leave Articles in favour of Blogs and let the homepage be an equal one of those channels.
Kozuch
Profile Picture

Posted:06 Mar 2009 (02:01 UTC)
I disabled following permissions here on bw.o for "registered user" group (the default user group):
  • p_blogs_create
  • p_blogs_post
  • p_blogs_send_post
Hope it helps for now.
laetzer

Posted:06 Mar 2009 (04:53 UTC)
There are a few users who do post in their blogs, though.
Kozuch
Profile Picture

Posted:06 Mar 2009 (12:17 UTC)
Well, they cant until we find a better solution. The blogs had extremely low posting rate these days anyways and I think it is better to sacrifice very very few posts (if you can call on sentence posts like that at all) for a ton of blog spam. The forum remains open even for anonymous folks, so I dont think people cant post stuff. I am just wondering the forum is not getting any spam at all while being fully open...
laetzer

Posted:06 Mar 2009 (13:44 UTC)
Users that posted a few blog entries over the past few months could become editors, or members of another dedicated group.
  Page 1 of 1  1 
If you are already registered, please enter your login credentials.
Anonymous Post