How does Bitweaver handle mouseover?

jeff
Profile Picture

How does Bitweaver handle mouseover?

Posted:25 Feb 2009 (17:59 UTC)
Hello all,

I'm trying to get the Product Preview option from the Amazon Affiliate program to work on my site with no luck. I found this on the Affiliate program website:

Mouse Handlers: Some Web site publishers prefer to have alternate text display in browser status bars when users hover over the hyperlinks on their page. Many Web site authoring tools, as well as Web site owners, do this by setting different mouse handlers for their hyperlinks, such as 'onmouseover' and 'onmouseout'. When these properties are set, client-side JavaScript is executed to display and hide status bar text when a user scrolls their mouse over, and then off of a link.

Product previews are generated via client-side JavaScript as well. Since hyperlinks can only have one 'onmouseover' and 'onmouseout' handler, if you've already added 'onmouseover' and/or 'onmouseout' properties to your links, those links will not generate Product Previews. Try removing the 'onmouseover' and 'onmouseout' handlers from your links to get previews to display.

NAME Attribute: Product Previews are not generated for links with a pre-existing NAME attribute.

Does Bitweaver use these alternative methods?

Thanks.

Jeff
laetzer

Re: How does Bitweaver handle mouseover?

Posted:25 Feb 2009 (19:57 UTC)
No, it does not. Developer tools like Firebug, WebDev Toolbar and others should allow you to just look at the source code of the link in question and see if onmouseover and so on are set or not.
jeff
Profile Picture

Posted:25 Feb 2009 (21:47 UTC)
Interesting. Thanks Laetzer. Any ideas why the mouseover won't work?
laetzer

Posted:26 Feb 2009 (02:19 UTC)
Which mouseovers? Provide an example for people to look at and somebody might have an idea. I don't know much about Amazon's preview. If your site is only local yet, you could save the page and upload it somewhere.
jeff
Profile Picture

Posted:17 Mar 2009 (17:54 UTC)
Got this one figured out. As is often the case, it can be attributed to user error. I didn't include a snippet of code from amazon. After including the right code, all works correctly.

thanks for the responses!
  Page 1 of 1  1