User Profile

kinderlehrer

User Profile

Posted:16 Mar 2009 (07:39 UTC)
Is there a UI to select what details show on a user's profile?

Predominantly I would like to hide 'real name' and 'email address'.
jeff
Profile Picture

Re: User Profile

Posted:16 Mar 2009 (21:38 UTC)
You can change the display of the Real Name by going to Administration>Users>User Settings and choosing Login/Nickname from the dropdown menu.

Individual Users can change their email preferences in My"Your BW Site">Preferences>User then set the Is email public? to No from the drop down menu.

Hope that helps.
kinderlehrer

Posted:16 Mar 2009 (23:25 UTC)
Thanks Jeff

You can change the display of the Real Name by going to Administration>Users>User Settings and choosing Login/Nickname from the dropdown menu.

This is already checked - the real name is still displayed in the 'List Users' and 'User profile'.

Individual Users can change their email preferences in My"Your BW Site">Preferences>User then set the Is email public? to No from the drop down menu.

Mmm - ok. Can this be set as a default to 'No' then? I would suspect that not too many people familiarise themselves with their User Preferences initially.
Lester Caine

Posted:17 Mar 2009 (07:20 UTC)
There is nothing in users_list.tpl to change the way an entry is displayed, so you would have to edit that to give your own layout. Just add it to your theme to keep it after updates.

The default for email display IS no
'users_email_display' => 'n'
in the default array for a new record.
kinderlehrer

Posted:17 Mar 2009 (08:25 UTC)
Ah, I think I get it now.....Admin sees the email addresses regardless of the 'users_email_display'=> 'n' but Jo or Joanne Bloggs does not.

The real name is still displayed if a user has provided it though, so will have to give some thought to whether to change the registration tpl to clearly state that it will be displayed OR whether I edit the users_list.tpl to take it out completely.

Thank you again for your help.
  Page 1 of 1  1