Modules not hiding

kinderlehrer

Modules not hiding

Posted:19 Mar 2009 (10:31 UTC)
Themes > Configure layout for the footer (in all active packages including default) is set to show for anonymous only.

Registered users to the site still see this footer.

Admin doesn't.

Is there somewhere else to check or uncheck so that registered users do NOT see it?
spiderr
Profile Picture

Re: Modules not hiding

Posted:19 Mar 2009 (16:05 UTC)
By default, registered users inherit the Anonymous group perms.

I would make a separate group, call it "Not Registered", assign it to the Anonymous user, and assign the footer to that.

Hopefully that will work.
kinderlehrer

Posted:19 Mar 2009 (19:55 UTC)
Thank you Spiderr.

• I created a new group as you advised.
  • Assigned the same permissions to it as 'anonymous'.
  • Added the 'not registered' group to 'guest' user.
  • Assigned the footer to 'not registered' in all module settings.

It does work!

I do find it strange that registered users inherit the anonymous user permissions in this instance, seeing as they are not something that can be changed by the administrator in 'Permission Maintenance', and that there didn't seem to be any warning of it ie when I assigned the footer module to what I thought was only anonymous.

Food for thought perhaps?
laetzer

Posted:21 Mar 2009 (14:28 UTC)
That the Admin cannot see the module: maybe because of that toggle option which either shows anything to the admin, or only stuff he's a member of? It's in "Themes > Theme Settings". In that case you could just assign anon membership to the admin, I think.
kinderlehrer

Posted:21 Mar 2009 (19:24 UTC)
Thanks Laetzer

In this instance it is right that Admin doesn't see the footer. I didn't want it loading on every page that I was developing and slowing me down.

I had "Modules Require Membership' checked in Themes > Themes Settings for this, as per advice previously. (:wink:)
  Page 1 of 1  1