Please help complete n00b to install Bitweaver!

Mike F

Please help complete n00b to install Bitweaver!

Posted:06 May 2009 (23:00 UTC)
Hello, please help me. I am using a web host company but I would like to install Bitweaver. I have checked the irc channel and asked and waited for over 2 hours but no one has replied.

Basically my two questions are Should I install bitweaver in /home/user/bitweaver *OR* can I unzip bitweaver2.6.zip into /home/user/public_html/bitweaver?

Is the second one (public_html) insecure??

Second question, IF I extract to public_html, when I point my browser to host.com/bitweaver/install/install.php, on the third page of the install it asks for database user and password...? What is this? Again, I am just a simply user with a web server hosted by a separate company. Do they have to create me a database? It looks like mySQL is the preferred BW install DB. But, what do I put for database user and password?

Thanks for any help!
Mike F

Re: Please help complete n00b to install Bitweaver!

Posted:06 May 2009 (23:59 UTC)
Well, unfortunately no one was able to help so I dumped BW2.6 into my public_html directory as that was the only way I could access to bitweaver/install/install.php from a web browser. Now, after I select all packages and try to install I get these error messages:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/michaer6/public_html/wiki/bitweaver/users/BitPermUser.php on line 548

Fatal error: Call to a member function fetchRow() on a non-object in /home/michaer6/public_html/wiki/bitweaver/users/BitPermUser.php on line 832

I have no idea what this means... hopefully someone has a clue. I have PHP5.2.9 and PostgreSQL and I believe the web host company uses apache but this seems to be some kind of BW error.

Please help! (:confused:)
Mike F

Posted:08 May 2009 (17:19 UTC)
Please... can someone help me to install Bitweaver 2.6? I still get the error above when I install after the package selection screen. Anyone know about how to install BW? (:frown:) I'm trying my hardest here but there doesn't seem to be any support.....
Lester Caine

Posted:10 May 2009 (13:10 UTC)
Mike
There does seem to be a problem with some configurations of web server, but yours SHOULD be OK. I would recommend installing just the basic packages ( Disable all the extras ) and see how things go. You can then add packages later and check for problems with them.
Mike F

Posted:10 May 2009 (16:40 UTC)
{quote format_guid="tikiwiki" comment_id="11817" user="lsces"}Mike
There does seem to be a problem with some configurations of web server, but yours SHOULD be OK. I would recommend installing just the basic packages ( Disable all the extras ) and see how things go. You can then add packages later and check for problems with them.{/quote}

By "disable all the extras" are you talking about services? There is no option identified as "extra" as there are only "Packages" and "services". Thus, when I deselect all the services I get the same error. In fact, when I check "Batch (de)select all packages and services on this page", the install **STILL** craps out with the error messages

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/michaer6/public_html/wiki/bitweaver/users/BitPermUser.php on line 548

Fatal error: Call to a member function fetchRow() on a non-object in /home/michaer6/public_html/wiki/bitweaver/users/BitPermUser.php on line 832

Does anyone know how to install Bitweaber?? I thought this was supposed to be easy to install. Nothing has worked so far.... (:sad:)
Kozuch
Profile Picture

Posted:10 May 2009 (17:12 UTC)
If the forum is little responsive to your questions, you can try to the bitweaver IRC channel.
Mike F

Posted:10 May 2009 (17:31 UTC)
{quote format_guid="tikiwiki" comment_id="11819" user="Kozuch"}If the forum is little responsive to your questions, you can try to the bitweaver IRC channel.{/quote}

Yes, thank you for your suggestion. In fact, I have asked on the irc channel several times and waiting up to 3 hours without any response....
Kozuch
Profile Picture

Posted:13 May 2009 (08:47 UTC)
Well I am sorry to hear that, I did not read your very first post. Bitweaver is some unique project with both its strengths and weaknesses - we gotta work on support still. Also, your first question was rather "general hosted scripting" related, which you could have asked at your hosts, because it is related to any script.

Do you have a particular reason for using PostreSQL? I guess MySQL is rather better tested in different environments than Postgres. I never managed to install Bitweaver on PostgreSQL in the same environment where MySQL worked perfectly out of the box.
Lester Caine

Posted:13 May 2009 (15:31 UTC)
While many of us have IRC running in the background, if we are not around it can be a while before something gets picked up. I only look at forums ever day or so :(

I've recently been testing the latest releases on both Windows and Linux, as a number of problems HAVE crept in - on windows installations - but everybody seems to be able to at least install, the niggles come later.

YES - install with nothing else selected - Batch Deselect
AND check the debug box at the bottom. This should at least tell us where things are going wrong. You should find an error message which will allow us to help further.
  Page 1 of 1  1