How to change storage location?

M.J.

How to change storage location?

Posted:12 May 2009 (09:18 UTC)
Hi,

can anybody tell me how to change the storage location?
I have to store all the uploaded stuff like documents, pictures etc.
on a different partition.

Bye
M.J.
Lester Caine

Re: How to change storage location?

Posted:13 May 2009 (15:24 UTC)
You need the storage location to be visible as part of the web server, so is this a live site, or just a local setup?
STORAGE_HOST_URI in config_inc.php can be used to point to a different web address, but you may need to set up Apache virtual hosts so that the files can be seen.
M.J.

Posted:14 May 2009 (10:10 UTC)
Unfortunately nothing I have tried so far has worked.
Just to make sure..
I wanted to move the complete storage folder to a different location because of a lack of disk space.
Otherwise I would have to resize the boot partition which does not seem
to be that easy for a Linux newbie.

Is there anything else I could try?
Lester Caine

Posted:14 May 2009 (20:17 UTC)
Just move the whole web site directory structure to /home or where ever you have more space, and change the location that apache is pointing to for the root directory.

I actually have several virtual sites on my apache setup, and some of them are on different disks.

It's difficult to advise more without a lot more detail such as versions of Linux, Apache, PHP and what disk partitions you do have.
M.J.

Posted:15 May 2009 (09:45 UTC)
Things can be so easy sometimes..
Thank you very much for this hint. I have moved the complete folder to a different location but received too many errors when I have tried to access my bitweaver site.
So I just installed it again (this time in the new location) and everything seems to be fine now. Took only 15 minutes to get it running in the new location. Great!

I really appreciate your help!

Bye
M.J.
  Page 1 of 1  1