Install.php cannot run

Eric Bandle

Install.php cannot run

Posted:26 May 2009 (15:52 UTC)
After downloading and extracting the latest version of bitweaver I put it as a subdirectory of my c:\xampp\htdocs and called up localhost/bitweaver/install/install.php. However, all that happened is that error messages appeared:

Warning: require_once(../bit_setup_inc.php) function.require-once: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\xampp\htdocs\bitweaver\install\install_inc.php on line 102

Fatal error: require_once() function.require: Failed opening required '../bit_setup_inc.php' (include_path='.;C:\xampp\php\pear\') in C:\xampp\htdocs\bitweaver\install\install_inc.php on line 102

I used Bitweaver_Check to see whether my php configuration was o.k. and this it was.

Any ideas, even better, any help?
Lester Caine

Re: Install.php cannot run

Posted:27 May 2009 (08:15 UTC)
I think we can guess you are using windows, and I would hope that it's a more recent xampp with PHP5? But it does look like a missing file in the bw distribution, or a path problem.

Do you have bit_setup_inc.php in C:\xampp\htdocs\bitweaver directory?
Eric Bandle

Posted:27 May 2009 (19:43 UTC)
Yes, I work under Windows XP with all the recent patches applied. I have more than 20 bit_setup_inc.php files all over but not in the install subdirectory. I strongly believe my bitweaver distro is incomplete because, if I comment-out the line in the php-file calling it for the first time another thing appears to be missing.
Lester Caine

Posted:29 May 2009 (20:28 UTC)
There should be a new release soon, which has fixed a number of niggles on windows installations. But the existing build has been installing for me fine on XP, Apache2.2, PHP5.2.9 and Firebird ...
  Page 1 of 1  1