Fatal Errors after upgrading php

Jesse C

Fatal Errors after upgrading php

Posted:26 May 2009 (22:46 UTC)
We're running Bitweaver 2.0.2 R2 on an Apache server that was running php 5.2.6 and was upgrade to php 5.2.9

Since the upgrade when we try and go to bitweaver we're getting the following error

Fatal error: Non-static method LibertyAttachable::LibertyAttachable() cannot be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /www/htdocs/bitweaver/stickies/BitSticky.php on line 34

I did a search on the forums and found topic 11380 and tried changing LibertyAttachable: to LibertyContent::LibertyContent() and it opened a new thread of errors.

Is there a known issue with php 5.2.9, and can anyone give me suggestions on how to fix this?
Lester Caine

Re: Fatal Errors after upgrading php

Posted:27 May 2009 (08:24 UTC)
2.0.2 is getting a bit long in the tooth, and we have added a few fixes in later builds to cover some of the strange PHP5 errors.

Short term, drop into the database and switch off package_sticky in KERNEL_CONFIG and you should be able to get in again. ( change y to n to disable package )

I did not think there were any Backwards compatible problems between 5.2.6 and 5.2.9, but I've been working with recent bw builds and I know there are a few things that had to change. We need to get 5.3 working now and see what THAT throws up :(
Jesse C

Posted:27 May 2009 (18:18 UTC)
Thanks, that did the trick and got us back up and running. I'll schedule an off hours time to bring us up to a current version.

Knowing that we're running 2.0.2 and current php, are there any caveats to watch for when upgrading to the current version?
Lester Caine

Posted:29 May 2009 (20:24 UTC)
With all the subtle changes in PHP as well, it's difficult to catch everything, but hopefully there will not be a problem. If there is - pop over to IRC and shout - just leave IRC open as we can take a few hours to respond depending on time zones ;)
  Page 1 of 1  1