Wiki forms are blank / empty if trying to edit a subpage

Wes Deviers

Wiki forms are blank / empty if trying to edit a subpage

Posted:01 Jun 2009 (18:56 UTC)
Lester Caine

Re: Wiki forms are blank / empty if trying to edit a subpage

Posted:03 Jun 2009 (06:01 UTC)
Not sure if I'm guilty, but I added a fix to fill in the title when the link was being used to create a new page. It was annoying me that it had stopped working, but looking back at the code I'm not sure what happens for the section stuff. I'm running html content, so the section edits do not appear, but something that looks wrong to me is the use of content_id in the section edit - while it should not make a difference, things should be consistent, so either we use content_id in both cases, or page_id.

I've tried to check here but can't get sections edit at present, and I'm not even sure the title mode made it to R2.6 anyway ...
Wes Deviers

Posted:03 Jun 2009 (14:15 UTC)
As a followup, the content_id (18) is correct. If I replace it with a hybrid, by entering ...page_id=12&section=1 then it does work correctly. Looks like the problem is not correctly loading content based on content_id, even though it's correct.
Lester Caine

Posted:08 Jun 2009 (17:44 UTC)
I'll see if I can sort the links to put the right thing in for page_id but I've just spent the last few days trying to get PHP5.3 on windows in a state where we can actually use it. The official builds have lost some key components, and I'm still working my way through an unofficial build ...
sohooo

Posted:22 Jun 2009 (10:09 UTC)
I can confirm the described behaviour of "Section Edit". Are there any updates on the status?
Lester Caine

Posted:22 Jun 2009 (18:10 UTC)
I'm not using tiki wiki format, so there are no section edit headers to play with here :( The only problem is to get these to correctly use page_id rather than content_id. The content_id is processed at a higher level and should not be used for these secondary functions.

Line 666 of format.tikiwiki.php just needs tweaking, but I'm not sure if page_id is actually available in the data hash.
sohooo

Posted:23 Jun 2009 (09:43 UTC)
I took a look at the link construction. The wiki site in question belongs to a wiki book.

site urls to reach wiki page, all work:

(the first one shows up when accessing the site via the wikibook structure toc)
  1. .../bitweaver/index.php?structure_id=49
  2. .../bitweaver/index.php?content_id=58
  3. .../bitweaver/index.php?page_id=30

section edit url on mouseover:

this link doesnt work; it shows a new wiki page
.../bitweaver/wiki/edit.php?content_id=58&section=1

correct, self-constructed section edit:

these urls both work:
  • .../bitweaver/wiki/edit.php?structure_id=49&section=1
  • .../bitweaver/wiki/edit.php?page_id=30&section=1
Any ideas? ;)
Lester Caine

Posted:23 Jun 2009 (18:39 UTC)
As I said 'page_id' should be used with 'section' but I don't have any systems here using tikiwiki syntax to check if 'page_id' is passed in the hash that is creating the links :(
sohooo

Posted:24 Jun 2009 (14:55 UTC)
So you would need a prototype using wiki syntax to play with? Or could you give me instructions so I'm able to help you?
Wes Deviers

Posted:16 Jul 2009 (19:02 UTC)
Sorry guys; I went on vacation and then we had a Samba server meltdown. Things have finally calmed down a bit so that I can back to this.

After some superficial glancing, in wiki/edit.php on line 25 there is

unset($_REQUESTcontent_id>'content_id');

Of course, this is a bit of "duh" and commenting it out fixes the problem immediately. But it probably isn't the *answer*. However, it works for me for the moment.

It looks like the real changes need to be made in

liberty/plugins/format.tikiwiki.php

at line 666
  Page 1 of 2 »1 2