Can't remove demo Welcome page?

constantijnw

Can't remove demo Welcome page?

Posted:16 Oct 2009 (15:22 UTC)
I can't remove the demo Welcome page.
It looks like the page is deleted, but immediately a new page (with new content id) is created with the current user as its creator, and root as recent updater of the page.
laetzer

Re: Can't remove demo Welcome page?

Posted:17 Oct 2009 (18:20 UTC)
In Admin > Wiki > Settings, there's a setting for the wiki start page. This is set to "Welcome" by default. For any page name put in there, a page will be created automatically. To change the default start page, you'd have to put the name of your page in there first, and then delete the page "Welcome".
Will

Posted:17 Oct 2009 (22:20 UTC)
To say what laetzer is saying again... In the wiki settings is a home wiki page option - by default this is "Welcome". If you delete this home wiki page the wiki package will automatically recreate that page next time the 'home' page is requested. Change what you want the home page to be (or it can be a list of wiki pages) and then the Welcome page will not be auto created.
Arnaud HERVE

Posted:21 Nov 2009 (21:56 UTC)
I have named a page in wiki settings, it was created all right, but the links for Wiki in menu continue leading to the list of wiki pages, not to wiki homepage.
laetzer

Posted:23 Nov 2009 (03:13 UTC)
I suspect this to be a bug in the current version (2.7), but I might be wrong (didn't investigate this further yet). There could be something wrong with one of the settings in Admin > Wiki > Settings. Seems to me that once a certain setting is set, it changes the default home page of wiki to the page listing and is unable to toggle back to another behavior.
Anders Alexandersson

Svar: Can't remove demo Welcome page?

Posted:22 Dec 2009 (12:45 UTC)
I have the same problem as the above. Whatever changes I do, there is only a list of the wiki pages. Has anyone found a solution or is there a bug fix available?
Mary

Posted:02 Jan 2010 (01:14 UTC)
me too - list of pages. Even through phpmyadmin can't change the settings to show a home page now
Mary

Posted:02 Jan 2010 (03:15 UTC)
fixed mine by going to:
administrative options
Kernel
kernel settings
Configure: Features
Homepage Settings
choosing custom page and adding
index.php?page=Welcome+to+MY+Site (or whatever the page link is)
laetzer

Posted:31 Jan 2010 (08:27 UTC)
This bug is fixed in the source code of Bitweaver and will be in the next release. Meanwhile you can use the quick fix mentioned above, or download /wiki/index.php from CVS and replace your local file, or use this code http://paste.pocoo.org/show/162698/ to replace the code in your local file.
  Page 1 of 1  1 
If you are already registered, please enter your login credentials.
Anonymous Post