_<><>_ Treasury BUG: changing and/or adding a gallery group messed up

Vince Mercer

_<><>_ Treasury BUG: changing and/or adding a gallery group messed up

Posted:21 Oct 2009 (22:23 UTC)
Hi,
I do not know if this issue has been addressed yet nor if the solution has already been posted, if it is, just direct me to the topic, otherwise, can you help me out on the problem I am about to Describe:

PROBLEM:
  • I'll upload a new file called "NEWFILE1.FILE" to Treasury (File Galleries)
  • This new file, will be included in a gallery called "Main Gallery 1"
  • I click (Upload) or (save).
  • The file now appears when you go to List Galleries under "Main Gallery 1".
  • You create a Sub-gallery, or another gallery -for now I create a sub gallery called "Main Gallery's Sub Gallery 1"
  • You go back and open/edit NEWFILE1.FILE, and either change or add it to the Gallery grouping "Main Gallery's Sub Gallery 1".
  • Click Update File.
  • BUG HAPPENS. it says YOU DO NOT HAVE PERMISSIONS TO VIEW THIS FILE. PERMISSION DENIED.

How do I fix this?? (Please note that the Current user has a permission to everything, plus no specialized permissions where added to the file.)

Thanks,
Vernard M.
Lester Caine

Re: _<><>_ Treasury BUG: changing and/or adding a gallery group messed up

Posted:01 Nov 2009 (08:31 UTC)
Vernard

I don't use treasury myself, I keep everything in a fisheye gallery structure, but access should be the same to the content. Are you getting the error when trying to do the update, or trying to access it later?

Does the file appear in the 'content list' and can you access it from there?
Vince Mercer

Re: _<><>_ Treasury BUG: changing and/or adding a gallery group messed up

Posted:03 Nov 2009 (19:50 UTC)
I could view it from a list when opening view content list, although when viewing the file, it still says permission denied.

However, I did found a fix to the problem, highly unorthodox but it works:

When you re-open a file to edit it's contents (i.e. file description, file category grouping), there is a link on the middle-right side that says "re-process uploaded file". This button does exactly what the "update file" button should do: Update the treasury entry.

So, I'll remove the Update file Input button, and pull down the "re-process uploaded file", and rename it to "Update File".
  Page 1 of 1  1 
If you are already registered, please enter your login credentials.
Anonymous Post