Wiki Startpage

Anonymous

Wiki Startpage

Posted:02 Jun 2010 (13:32 UTC)
Hi,

I wanted to change the wiki starting page (default is "Welcome"), but this doesn't work. No matter which page I enter, I always get the List-View when I click on the link to the wiki-startpage.
Is this a bug, or what's wrong?

Greetings
Inna
Tochinet

Re: Wiki Startpage

Posted:04 Jun 2010 (09:08 UTC)
I thought there was an easy way (I have less than 10 days experience with bw) i.e. to edit the text and title, but indeed it doesn't work.

I even found another bug : when you select another language for your preferences, and change user (and display errors is on), I get many notifications that "Function split() is deprecated in D:\UniServer\www\bitweaver\languages\BitLanguage.php on line 298" (and also on 299) and only the first line of the page is shown.

I'll try to forward that to another place that gets better monitored than here.
Lester Caine

Posted:07 Jun 2010 (21:48 UTC)
Language bug has been fixed in head, along with a lot of PHP5.3 compatibility problems.

There were also a couple of problems on windows setups affecting page names Inna - not sure if that is your particular problem.
spiderr
Profile Picture

Posted:08 Jun 2010 (04:10 UTC)
tochinet - you can also simply set your display_errors=off in your php.ini

The Warnings are simply is caution, everything is still working properly.

Our next release will come out shortly, and should have all of these things fixed.
Tochinet

Posted:08 Jun 2010 (07:48 UTC)
Hmm, "next release coming shortly" is most often not a good sign (:confused:). Maybe you could describe the plans in the Development/Announcement forum ? The (your) last post dates from April 2009 (:sad:) ? Is there a list of planned features somewhere ? A planned release date ? I don't want to sound harsch, I'd just like to be informed.

BTW, at installation, the script recommended that I switch display errors on and turn safe mode off, that's what I did (:wink:).

But back to the first point, can yoyu investigate the following : on a fresh install, you get the "Welcome" page. You edit that one, and change the title field, say to "Homepage". It is saved. Then click on the top left (site name), you get always back to the "Welcome" page. So as anonymous said, you can't change that, it's probably hard-coded somewhere.

I also have the impression that while you can translate a page from the edit script, you can't link two pages later on to indicate they are translations of each other. Is this correct ? Would it be possible ton include this feature in the next release ?
spiderr
Profile Picture

Posted:09 Jun 2010 (05:10 UTC)
{quote format_guid="tikiwiki" comment_id="12280" user="tochinet"}Is there a list of planned features somewhere ? A planned release date ? I don't want to sound harsch, I'd just like to be informed.{/quote}

Currently, we are working on CVS Migration. I expect us to be ready with that within a week or so. We will release immediately before or after that.

I just created a 3.0rc1 candidate in /builds/. Give that a try and let us know how it goes. I ran through an install on postgres on http://testing.bitweaver.org and all went without any error or warning.

{quote format_guid="tikiwiki" comment_id="12280" user="tochinet"} But back to the first point, can yoyu investigate the following : on a fresh install, you get the "Welcome" page. You edit that one, and change the title field, say to "Homepage". It is saved. Then click on the top left (site name), you get always back to the "Welcome" page. So as anonymous said, you can't change that, it's probably hard-coded somewhere.{/quote}

Go to Admin -> Wiki -> Wiki Settings tab. Change the name of the Wiki Home Page. This page is automatically created if it does not exist.

{quote format_guid="tikiwiki" comment_id="12280" user="tochinet"}I also have the impression that while you can translate a page from the edit script, you can't link two pages later on to indicate they are translations of each other. Is this correct ? Would it be possible ton include this feature in the next release ?{/quote}

We have a i18n_content_trans_map table, and LibertyTranslations class in the languages package. Unfortunately, we do not have anyone actively working on this code. I don't need multi-language content right now, so I'm afraid it is not high on my list either.
  Page 1 of 1  1 
If you are already registered, please enter your login credentials.
Anonymous Post