Bitweaver setup problems

Linde

Bitweaver setup problems

Posted:14 Jun 2010 (20:44 UTC)
Hi,

I have to warn that i'm a real noob in this. It allredy took me a while to figure out that i had to drag the bitweaver folder into my dreamweaver so...

Anyway, this is my problem: I put the whole bitweaver file onto the server, but when i go to /bitweaver/install/install.php, i get this message:

bitweaver is not properly set up:

d:\accounts\d\e\dehelleveldersbe\WWW\bitweaver/temp/ is not writeable by IUSR_COMSER31. Check the security of the file d:\accounts\d\e\dehelleveldersbe\WWW\bitweaver/temp/ before proceeding

d:\accounts\d\e\dehelleveldersbe\WWW\bitweaver/storage/ is not writeable by IUSR_COMSER31. Check the security of the file d:\accounts\d\e\dehelleveldersbe\WWW\bitweaver/storage/ before proceeding

Where do i check the security of that file?
Lester Caine

Re: Bitweaver setup problems

Posted:15 Jun 2010 (10:53 UTC)
Linde
From the file names I know you are on windows ...
If you navigate to those folders in 'file manager' then right click on them, you will probably find that the 'Read Only' flag is set. It just need clearing ... hopefully ... and then windows can write to them.

It is more usual to have the root web folder a little higher up the tree. I have D:/Website as my WWW level ;)
Linde

Re: Bitweaver setup problems

Posted:15 Jun 2010 (12:20 UTC)
Hey,

Thanks allready for your answer. I went to the folders in the manager and i checked off the "read-only" box and confirmed, but when i looked at it again after, the box is checked on again. A friend of mine told me she had the same problem and her provider fixed it, so I've sent a mail to my provider now to see whether they can help.

And the site that I manage now was made by someone else, so i didn't really have much to say as to where the folders should be. But it workes fine now, so I don't think I'm going to move them, unless it would solve my problem ofcourse. As I said, I'm really a noob in this matter (:wink:)
  Page 1 of 1  1 
If you are already registered, please enter your login credentials.
Anonymous Post