Moving from one server (and url) to other.

ulukai

Moving from one server (and url) to other.

Posted:30 Jun 2010 (21:11 UTC)
Hi,

I'm moving my bitweaver from different server to new one. Also url changes. What would be the best way to do this? I should mention that on old server I was running some 2.6 RC version. On the new server I would I have installed the latest 2.7.

So far I have exported the database, saved out all important folders. In the new installation I tried importing the database, but got some error. Then I deleted all the database entries and imported again. This time everything worked. Wiki now seems to be running alright, but I'm not sure that removing every database entry and then importing the backup is correct way to do it.

Thanks.
spiderr
Profile Picture

Re: Moving from one server (and url) to other.

Posted:03 Jul 2010 (20:54 UTC)
restoring a database backup is the correct way to do it, then obviously run the upgrade path in the installer.
ulukai

Posted:04 Jul 2010 (13:21 UTC)
Thanks, will do it as you say. Previously what I did was to first install bitweaver and then delete and restore database... I guess that was not very good :)
spiderr
Profile Picture

Posted:04 Jul 2010 (17:37 UTC)
To run the upgrade, just click on "Upgrade" in the menu bar. The URL should look like foobar.com/install/install.php?step=4
  Page 1 of 1  1 
If you are already registered, please enter your login credentials.
Anonymous Post