FishEye problems

oisact

FishEye problems

Posted:31 Aug 2010 (17:23 UTC)
I've just installed the latest Bitweaver and did not have any errors or problems during the install, and my server met all the requirements. However, Fisheye doesn't seem to be working properly. I have tried uploading a number of JPGs of different sizes, and they are always treated as generic files with a generic JPG icon. No thumbnails are shown, just the generic icon, and when I click on it I only have the option of downloading the file - the JPG cannot actually be viewed online.

Is this a configuration problem or an installation problem, etc?

Thanks in advance...
oisact

Re: FishEye problems

Posted:31 Aug 2010 (17:48 UTC)
From PHPInfo:

gd
GD Support enabled
GD Version bundled (2.0.34 compatible)
FreeType Support enabled
FreeType Linkage with freetype
FreeType Version 2.2.1
GIF Read Support enabled
GIF Create Support enabled
JPG Support enabled
PNG Support enabled
WBMP Support enabled
XPM Support enabled
XBM Support enabled
oisact

Posted:31 Aug 2010 (18:44 UTC)
Checked under storage/users/~/images/ and can see my pictures in various subdirectories, but only the originals. I assume thumbnails should be created in each picture directory?
oisact

Posted:31 Aug 2010 (20:43 UTC)
Okay, after some digging I now see what the problem is. The thumbs directory is not being created. If I manually create the thumbs directory under the image directory, then edit the image and select "Regenerate thumbnails" they appear.

I did a chmod 755 on users but that didn't help. Regardless, the thing that doesn't make sense is that it is able to create the image directories, so it should also be able to create the thumbs directory as well.

Another followup. If I upload a new image, then edit it and select "Regenerate thumbnails" it will properly create the directory and make the thumbnails. So there isn't an image processing or directory creation problem at all - the thumbnails simply aren't being generated when the image is uploaded.
oisact

Posted:31 Aug 2010 (21:01 UTC)
Sorry for so many posts. I enabled "Background Thumbnailer" under FishEye, uploaded a picture and waited several minutes. The thumbnails were never generated. I clicked on the "run it manually" link and it reported that it generated one set of thumbnails.

So the cron just must not be running (or do I have to set that up manually). I assume that if the Background Thumbnailer is disabled then the thumbnails are supposed to be generated when the image is uploaded?
  Page 1 of 1  1 
If you are already registered, please enter your login credentials.
Anonymous Post