Image Gallery in Wiki

oisact

Image Gallery in Wiki

Posted:03 Sep 2010 (18:20 UTC)
I wish to embed image galleries within a wiki. I tried a few things with no luck. My desire is for a small thumbnail of each image in the gallery to be shown directly in the wiki. Can this be done? If not, could someone point me to the correct type of extension I would write to achieve this (I am a php developer).

Thanks!
Kozuch
Profile Picture

Re: Image Gallery in Wiki

Posted:11 Sep 2010 (06:14 UTC)
Look at Fisheye package and its usage in our photo gallery.
oisact

Posted:23 Sep 2010 (21:52 UTC)
Thanks, but I'm not seeing how that integrates into the wiki. Within a wiki page I'd like to reference an image gallery (just a single reference to the gallery), which will show thumbnails of all (up to a limit, say 10) the images in the gallery, within the wiki page itself. I don't just want a link to an image gallery, I want the image gallery to be represented by thumbnails of the images.
Lester Caine

Posted:30 Sep 2010 (16:28 UTC)
That is not something anybody has needed to implement as yet. We are more than happy just linking a selected set of images into the wiki page. Actually given the range of facilities provided by the gallery view, simply trying to add that to a wiki page would be somewhat difficult, unless you somewhat restrict just what you are trying to display.

The normal approach would be to provide your own custom gallery view with it's own template combining the text and gallery images as it is more than just a simple wiki page.
  Page 1 of 1  1 
If you are already registered, please enter your login credentials.
Anonymous Post