Anonymous

3.0 Installation

Posted:05 Jul 2012 (16:55 UTC)
unable to install :
touch /volume1/web/bitweaver/config/kernel/config_inc.php;
chmod 777 /volume1/web/bitweaver/config/kernel/config_inc.php

directory structure is different .... with 3.0 download it seems to be :
/volume1/web/bitweaver/kernel/config_inc.php

and after fixing this , bunch of error message because table creation doesn´t work ...

sorry for bad news, but seems 3.0 is slightly buggy :-)
Lester Caine

Re: 3.0 Installation

Posted:09 Jul 2012 (19:40 UTC)
Which database are you trying with?

kernel/config_inc.php looks like some of the 2.8 configuration stuff has slipped through ... I've been away for a couple of weeks and have not been checking the build process. Many working live sites cloned from my own master :)
Lester Caine

Posted:09 Jul 2012 (21:45 UTC)
config/kernel/config_inc.php empty file has not been created in the zip ( or more likely has been 'removed' automatically ) and all that is needed is to create the missing config/kernel and add an empty file to it.

Firebird install is not currently running and while I've seen the problem before I can't remember what the fix was. Looks like in my case something that has been reset when ADOdb was updated, but the zip contains an older version of ADOdb which will need updating at some point.
Matt

Posted:15 Jul 2012 (03:52 UTC)
Yeah... well I downloaded 3.0 today and attempted a fresh installation on my homemade linux server. Everything was fine after I noticed that I was trying to create the configuration file in the old location. I established a connection to my Postgres 8.4 (that works fine with v2.8).

But then I can't finish the install because it throws DB errors on every single one table creation (phpPgAdmin reported "No tables found.").
So, no 3.0 for me... :(
Jeremiah Farmer

Posted:17 Jul 2012 (05:27 UTC)
First time install here:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STATIC, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in /home/u23/public_html/wiki/util/adodb/adodb.inc.php on line 465

I still don't understand the missing config_inc.php thing.

Why is there still a big prominent link on the main page stating that 3.0 is out, if it clearly doesn't install?
Matt

Posted:25 Jul 2012 (02:18 UTC)
Jeremiah,

As far as I know, this is in the works. The fixed 3.0 download will be ready asap.
Lester Caine

Posted:25 Jul 2012 (18:19 UTC)
Guys ... the main problem here is deciding exactly what configurations of PHP need to be supported. I've done some major work on making Bitweaver clean on PHP5.4 with E_STRICT mode enabled by default. What has delayed this is the fact that PEAR which we also rely on has yet to be actually made strict compliant! So we are stuck in the middle of work that even the PHP project seems to have no interest in completing.

Disabling E_STRICT, the default in PHP5.3, clears up all these warnings, but also changes some functionality. So at the moment I'm also in something of a limbo state, and seriously considering PHP5.2 as a more stable platform to do my development work on ...

The database problems with install seem to add to the fun, and depend on which version of ADOdb we use. The last PHP4 (which works with PHP5.2) compatible build, or the PHP5 only build which was the one packaged with the current build.

Oh for a standard platform we could develop for.
MKure

Posted:12 Aug 2012 (12:03 UTC)
Hi there ! I'm running on Ubuntu 12.04 (php5.3, error_reporting = E_ALL | E_STRICT).

For me, I get DB creation error for some tables only. So, I tried to manually resolve it :
  • Copy all the errors, clean the strings, add a ";" end of command adn delete the "``" on both sides of the tables names.
  • Execute the new SQL (with PHPMyAdmin, MysqlWorkbench,...)
Then, no more DB errors until the end of the install process.

But when I tried to access the freshly installed website, login was impossible : table users_users is empty.

If that can help :)
  Page 1 of 1  1 
If you are already registered, please enter your login credentials.
Anonymous Post