3.1. installation problem

constantijnw

3.1. installation problem

Posted:22 Sep 2012 (09:43 UTC)
Encountered several problems trying to install 3.1 on a CentOS 6.2 i686 machine:

1. /config/kernel directory still must be created manually.
2. Firebird Superserver 2.5.1 is not detected. How can I solve this?
3. Notices about undefined constants assumed to be single quoted. Should I ignore them?
Lester Caine

Re: 3.1. installation problem

Posted:28 Sep 2012 (06:45 UTC)
constantijnw

The missing directory is known, compressor kindly omits empty files which is something of a pain when the OS needs an empty file to work on.

I only use Firebird, and so the only option I get is the Database Driver list is 'Firebird', the note below does say check your PHP installation if it's not listed.

Notices and warnings a bone of contention with the PHP developers. Bitweaver has always run 'clean' so we have 'display_errors' ON, while they say it should be off in production. But the main problem her6 is differences between versions of PHP are now producing different warnings and trapping each for each version is not practical, so bottom line just ignore them ...

Final point - don't install every package first time around. Switch all the extra ones off and just select wiki ... add the rest later. One of them is still giving a problem with Firebird and I've not pinned down which yet :(
Lester Caine

Posted:28 Sep 2012 (06:56 UTC)
Should have mentioned ... with Firebird create an alias for a database before you run the installer.
constantijnw

Posted:29 Sep 2012 (21:49 UTC)
Hi Lester,

Many thanks for your informative reply!
The installer can't detect the firebird server:

Message: You currently have no database installed that works here.
Installed: firebird-superserver.i686 2.5.1.26351.0-1.el6

If the database you wish to use is not listed above, the version of PHP on this server does not have support for that database installed or compiled in.
Installed: php.i686 5.3.3-14.el6_3

Php 5.3.3 can't detect firebird 2.5.1? How can I make it work?

Constantijn
Lester Caine

Posted:02 Oct 2012 (07:22 UTC)
constantijnw

Sorry for delay ... been deep in a site port and don't get these posts as emails ;)

You need to enable firebird/interbase in php before you can use it ... centos SHOULD have a php package for it

groups.yahoo.com/group/firebird-php/ will get a quicker response to help you out. (can't post links ;) )
constantijnw

Posted:02 Oct 2012 (19:22 UTC)
Didn't know I should have enabled firebird for php.
So I ran yum install php-firebird and restarted httpd. Now firebird is visible.
Thanks!
  Page 1 of 1  1 
If you are already registered, please enter your login credentials.
Anonymous Post