Parse error

Thomas

Parse error

Posted:28 Jul 2013 (13:41 UTC)
Hi,

I get this error when trying to install 3.1:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STATIC in /htdocs/bitweaver/kernel/BitSystem.php on line 103

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /htdocs/bitweaver/kernel/BitSystem.php:103) in /home/gisosde/htdocs/bitweaver/kernel/bit_error_inc.php on line 74
Internal Server Error

Any idea? I have PHP 5.2.6-1+lenny9.
spiderr
Profile Picture

Re: Parse error

Posted:06 Aug 2013 (18:38 UTC)
This sounds like an error with the file upload. What version are you installing and how did you get the source?
Thomas

Posted:11 Aug 2013 (10:18 UTC)
hi spiderr,

I tried to install the 3.1 Version released on 2012-09-07, which I downloaded as a zip-File on sourceforge.
Anonymous

Posted:11 Sep 2013 (08:49 UTC)
The problem was solved by upgrading from lenny to squeeze.
Darkbee

Posted:02 Oct 2013 (21:51 UTC)
It seems like this is a problem with PHP versions. A quick Google search returns the fact that the BitWeaver code is making use of "Late Static Bindings" which is something in PHP 5.3. My host is using PHP 5.2, so it seems I'm SOL.

I did have success installing BitWeaver v2.8.1 earlier and I'm assuming the PHP version requirements for that are less than 5.3. I know this site is run by volunteers but it would be great to requirements pages for all versions.
Lester Caine

Posted:02 Nov 2013 (12:28 UTC)
BW3.1 was partially improved to work with PHP5.3 but 5.4 as out before completion, and had different warnings and niggles. BW4 has been reworked to be clean on PHP5.4, but backwards compatibility is something PHP seems to have lost the plot on :( Personally I'm not going to be working with PHP5.5 for some time to come so we can get all our sites upgraded from 5.2 code to be clean on 5.4. Simply switching off the errors and warnings is not the way to write code!
james5566

Posted:25 Oct 2014 (11:27 UTC)
FAIL - I don't understand how it works. I will try to understand, but would any of you devs maybe help me rewrite this below, so that the getPrevSiblingNode() will return the previous sibling, NOT the last child of the previous sibling?????????
__
aaaaa
  Page 1 of 1  1 
If you are already registered, please enter your login credentials.
Anonymous Post