Kozuch
Profile Picture

Re: max length on wiki page?

Posted:13 Apr 2007 (10:39 UTC)
taqi

Posted:11 Jun 2007 (05:07 UTC)
Hi
I am having the same problem, was here any resolution to this. It's quite a frustrating problem. Any help welcome.
taqi

Posted:11 Jun 2007 (05:10 UTC)
If I use preview the output is just fine. I am using HTML with it enabled, all the bits come out fine except it gets truncated, when I edit the page you can see the HTML has just been cut off. I uninstalled TinyMCE, and disabled the HTML parser and just ticked allow HTML in Tiki syntax and the problem persists.
taqi

Posted:11 Jun 2007 (05:26 UTC)
Ok I have found somethgin that makes this work, but I am not too sure whether this is the right thing to do or not.

I looked at the database structure and the actual data gets stored in a table called bw_tiki_content (the bw is the prefix I have on my tables) and inside there is a field called data whose type is "TEXT", using phpmyadmin I have modified this type to Long Text, and it works.

As a newbie ... I don't think this is the right way to do it as a future upgrade might set this all back to whatever and truncate al your articles but any help from the more experienced guys would be very helpful.

Taqi
snlr

Posted:18 Aug 2007 (06:05 UTC)
That really is uncool. And a MySQL feature. "A TEXT column with a maximum length of 65,535 characters." That's just a few pages of a book, expecially with typographically correct UTF8 special characters. Changing this manually in the database like you did, either to Mediumtext (16 MB) or to Longtext (4 GB), seems to be neccessary. The table's name differs in bitweaver version 2 ... Table: liberty_content, field: data. I set mine to mediumtext. That's a few books.
  Page 1 of 1  1