Boards are here!

spiderr
Profile Picture

Boards are here!

Posted:03 Apr 2007 (17:54 UTC)
At long last, we have moved away from phpBB, which ironically is how bitweaver started.

The BoardsPackage package is based on the Liberty content engine and its comment system. There is a migrator in admin for moving phpBB forums to the new Boards.

Things might be a little rough as we transition, so please be patient and post any issues you come across.

- spiderr
Sven

Re: Boards are here!

Posted:03 Apr 2007 (20:18 UTC)
Please add a search for the entire board, not only the forums ;)
Kozuch
Profile Picture

Posted:04 Apr 2007 (07:35 UTC)
While I am very happy the boards development goes on, I miss following:
  • View posts since last visit, View your posts, View unanswered posts and Mark all forums read links which I have really used in phpBB
  • boads index table with clearly distinguished columns for Topics, Posts and Last Post - now sometimes the "Last Post: ..." string overlaps the description which I do not find very nice
  • the Recent posts side module - dont really know how to comment on that... with every entry on three lines it is so hard to read... maybe only post tiltes were better
  • the rating of every post is quite discutable, I know this is exactly what Stars do, but I guess it is better to rate whole threads...
  • some CSS for better readability of titles etc. could be done here on bw.o too

Otherwise, I like the option of threading. (:mrgreen:)
Arnaud HERVE

Posted:08 Apr 2007 (11:49 UTC)
Congratulations. It's so faster it's really pleasant.

For the moment the 'last post' column on Forum home doesn't display the exact last post, but it may be some cache trouble or other.

The 'last post' module does display exactly the last post.
  Page 1 of 1  1