Grant

Overwhelmed newbie

Posted:14 Jun 2007 (22:38 UTC)
Kozuch
Profile Picture

Re: Overwhelmed newbie

Posted:16 Jun 2007 (13:57 UTC)
Grand,

Bitweaver is really a complex piece of software. However, you can disable the packages you do not need - their administration links will disappear and everthing gets a bit simpler. Do you have a specific problem?
Arnaud HERVE

Posted:18 Jun 2007 (17:19 UTC)
I think his question is representative of the fact that Bitweaver is becoming confusing.

There is a difference between a long list of coherent packages, and a long list of redundant packages.

Franly, just the fact that during install you are invited to check all packages, and the page after you are told that your choice was not good, is in itself confusing.

Therefore the public release should imho contain ONE package for ONE function. Others might be added if one client asks so, but NOT in the public relations newbies release.
Anonymous

Posted:18 Jun 2007 (17:58 UTC)
Thank you for the replies, I would really like to use bitweaver instead of mediawiki and that generic interface.

A couple questions:

How can I disable packages at this point?

Can you think of other forums that I could prostrate myself in front of with pleas of help?

Here are a few of my specific wants/needs:

• RSS feeds I would like the user to be able to channel multiple topic feeds into a single site feed
  • Locked content areas-I would like to have the bio area editable by users and also a couple sections with outgoing links that is admin only
  • Link Sorting the ability to have the links rated and sortable by ratings or date
  • Tooltip previews I think snap.com does this, but I would like a tooltip to open up with a screen shot of the page referred to
  • Comments A module for user comments (OMG, I love his work) would be cool too

I am not completely without ability--the friend I am staying with can give me a hand with html/css level help but not hardcore coding or php. Also I learn fast and have a lot of time on my hands.
Arnaud HERVE

Posted:20 Jun 2007 (19:33 UTC)
You need to take your time and look all the features in Administration -> Kernel. There you will find a lot of what you need.

By the way, you don't need to prostrate in front of me. You can prosternate if you wish (:wink:)
  Page 1 of 1  1