R1 to R2 upgrade questions

jeff
Profile Picture

R1 to R2 upgrade questions

Posted:14 Aug 2007 (00:21 UTC)
I've been trying to test the R1 to R2 upgrade process, but the instructions seem a tad ambiguous to me. I have tried two methods of upgrading, and I'm hoping someone can point out what I am doing wrong. The methods I've tried are:

Uploading the compressed file, unzipping it, and copying everything from the resulting directory into the existing BW installation. Then replacing the /temp, /storage, and /kernel/config_inc.php file with the ones from the existing installation. However, when I try this method, then go to www.upgradetest.com/install/install.php (for example) I get a fatal error.

The second method I simply replace the directory containing the old BW installation with the new directory (containing R2). Then replace /temp, /storage, and /kernel/config_inc.php with the ones from the existing installation. Then, when I go to www.upgradetest.com/install/install.php (for example) I can at least get to the installer, but the formating for the installer is all messed up. I can get about half way through the upgrade process, then get another fatal error.

Should these be bugs I should log, or am I totally doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance for the advice. I look forward to using R2 on my production site and hope to help in any way I can!
Gavin
Profile Picture

Re: R1 to R2 upgrade questions

Posted:04 Jan 2008 (17:48 UTC)
Please delete these posts (mine). information that was in them was incorrect.
Gavin
Profile Picture

Posted:04 Jan 2008 (21:54 UTC)
Gavin
Profile Picture

Posted:04 Jan 2008 (22:46 UTC)
  Page 1 of 1  1