Installation Error

Craig Sprout

Installation Error

Posted:22 Oct 2007 (16:28 UTC)
I'm trying to install bitweaver with Oracle 10g (XE), and am running into the following error with RC2:

Call to a member function on a non-object: /path/to/install/BitDbAdodb.php on line 573

I'm getting a similar error for 1.3.1:

Call to a member function on a non-object: /path/to/install/BitDb.php on line 1025

This happens on PHP 4.3.9 and 5.2.1 after clicking the continue button. With debug enabled, the last SQL statement to be executed is this:

adodb_oci8po.createsequence(quota_id_seq, 3) % line  191, file: install_packages.php
   include_once(/path/to/bitweaver/install/install_packages.php) % line  142, file: install.php

adodb_oci8po._execute(CREATE SEQUENCE quota_id_seq START WITH 3, false) % line  769, file: adodb-oci8.inc.php
   adodb_oci8po.execute(CREATE SEQUENCE quota_id_seq START WITH 3) % line  950, file: adodb.inc.php
adodb_oci8po.createsequence(quota_id_seq, 3) % line  191, file: install_packages.php
include_once(/path/to/bitweaver/install/install_packages.php) % line  142, file: install.php

If any more information is needed, please let me know.
Craig Sprout

Re: Installation Error

Posted:22 Oct 2007 (17:40 UTC)
Solved my own problem. Contra the install page, you cannot simply enter your TNS name for the Oracle DB in the Hostname field. You still have to enter the hostname, and use the TNS name where the install asks for DB name.
Craig Sprout

Re: Installation Error

Posted:22 Oct 2007 (18:02 UTC)
Further — adding a table prefix for your database will foul things up as well.
  Page 1 of 1  1