are there any viable bitweaver ecommerce integration efforts?

Ron Wolf

are there any viable bitweaver ecommerce integration efforts?

Posted:13 Nov 2007 (18:37 UTC)
for instance looking at Lulu, it's not clear how well their product catalog/cart/purchase pieces are integrated or how they are integrated. if we use bitweaver to host our shopping site, will we need to do this integration from scratch? the bitcommerce project does not seem to be very active, so unless i'm missing something that won't help much (maybe as a starting point). any guidance on this?
Kozuch
Profile Picture

Re: are there any viable bitweaver ecommerce integration efforts?

Posted:22 Jan 2008 (21:03 UTC)
Bitcommerce is said to be usable by "advanced users".
Belmond

Posted:01 Apr 2009 (21:35 UTC)
Hello.

2 years after the first post, BitCommerce isn't available for all...
Bobby Richardson

Posted:02 Apr 2009 (19:40 UTC)
True enough, but if you go to Bitweaver's Project Page at SourceForge, click on the 'Public' tab, then select & subscribe to the mailing lists, you will see that there is a LOT more activity and progress in porting the commerce package to bitweaver.
Lester Caine

Posted:04 Apr 2009 (13:24 UTC)
BitcommercePackage has links to the various discussion sections on bitcommerce. I did have a live site running, but for reasons of local politics this has been closed down.
I am hopeful to get my own Paypal based shop switched over sometime soon ...
spiderr
Profile Picture

Posted:05 Apr 2009 (19:48 UTC)
bitcommerce is mostly my baby. I've shoved many thousands of real sales through it and shipped to 66 different countries and counting.

It works. Well. It is not software for software's sake. It is being written with specific needs and purposes in mind. If you want something for doing highly custom e-commerce, it's great. If you want something for a client you can just drop in and have them maintain it, go elsewhere.

Also, if you don't know how to code and take care of your own issues, it is not for you.

cvs co _bit_commerce ( <- if you don't know what that means, it's probably not a good fit either)

Bobby is correct, there is a lot of recent activity, and I have a huge commit coming. I don't maintain the main page much because I am not looking for users.
  Page 1 of 1  1 
If you are already registered, please enter your login credentials.
Anonymous Post