Perfect install - unexpected issue

democrat54

Perfect install - unexpected issue

Posted:02 Mar 2008 (13:39 UTC)
Install in own folder was good. All demands met. Everything installed but NOT MagickWand (nor sibling graphic packs, GD-php installed positive). MySQL, user, url and setting was all checked as good confirmed install.

Install is Bitweaver 2.0.1
Apache 1.3.36 (Unix)
php 4.4.2 (with PHPsuexec wich alters permissions for security)
MySQL 4.1.21-standard
All connections verified positive (install log was saved)

After install 100% there is a button "Enter your Bitweaver site". The button results in an Error (below). Nothing else works either. Error message:

Fatal error: Undefined class name 'searchlib' in /home/ownerx/public_html/cms/search/modules/mod_package_search.php on line 33

So far I can't start /run anything

What can I do?
Where do I start? (:cry:)
Kozuch
Profile Picture

Re: Perfect install - Nothing works!

Posted:03 Mar 2008 (17:40 UTC)
Do you want to try intall version 2.0 (not 2.0.1)?
democrat54

Posted:14 Mar 2008 (13:43 UTC)
Found this: topic8876

But it doesn't seem to be enough... is there more to change in the mod_package_search.php -file? If it's only that file that differe from 2.0 => 2.0.1 I prefere changeing the file only (reinstall and upload takes >1 hour).

$searchTemplatePath = *URL deleted*

Could someone please send an example of a "mod_package_search.php" -file where Bitweaver is placed in a "virtual folder" like "public_html".

Second alternative (?): Also found this answer... Stephen Stephen then says: Ah yes, once I disabled the search module, the site runs well. I can't believe that I did not think of doing that myself. Thank you very much for your help.

Is "disable" a god option? I'm not used to php.... How disable search module?
democrat54

Posted:17 Mar 2008 (12:13 UTC)
Now trying v2.0 (file zip has no numbering but it should be 2.0 and was downloaded today)
...and halleluja... I can now for the first time see a page from the installation. And I must say, when the installation runs correctly its really smothe.
democrat54

Posted:17 Mar 2008 (12:15 UTC)
Now trying v2.0 (file zip has no numbering but it should be 2.0 and was downloaded today)
...and halleluja... I can now for the first time see a page from the installation. And I must say, when the installation runs correctly its really smoothe.
EzyBiz

Posted:17 Mar 2008 (21:13 UTC)
Just remove the search folder, out of the Bitweaver folder, before install.
democrat54

Posted:18 Mar 2008 (16:35 UTC)
Is there any special benefits using the 2.0.1 in prior to 2.0 ?

Wich version is now on the Bitweaver downloadpage?
democrat54

Posted:21 Mar 2008 (12:28 UTC)
Now I got it running and working with CSS-templates.
Very nice, good documentation page and very usefull example ccs's (in Bitweaver folder: themes => styles => blank)

Note: For everybody out there I must really say I'm a complete newbie, the ultimate noob actually and this installation WAS REALY EASY when I got some basic info to get around my own lack of knowledge.

Hint /Tips: Before U run the install look into the following via documentation startpage:
  1. Pear (check that Pear folderis put in folder: Util)
  2. php.ini (via this board or search) and put a copy of the updated file it in "install" folder.

Just wanted to let U all CMS-fans out there know that this really is The CMS at last to try out thoroughly... and most probably stay with for a long time. (:smile:)
  Page 1 of 1  1