Login Screen Not Showing + Menu ?

Gary Wood
Profile Picture

Login Screen Not Showing + Menu ?

Posted:02 Jun 2008 (19:46 UTC)
I have installed Bitweaver 2.0.2 at http://genwiki.casawood.com

Whenever there is an attempt to login there is no login box displayed. I've tried reinstalling with the same effect. Upon new registration someone can enter but only then. For admin the login box shows. It is the /users/login.php that shows nothing.

Menus show double titles: 'Articles Home Articles Home' etc. This occurs in both the side menu and dropdown menus which I have the dropdowns turned off right now due to this problem.

Finally, I had set the registration for using captcha yet when I registered as a user I did not receive a captcha screen but was immediately registered and able to access the site. This is a concern as you can imagine.

Your time and efforts in helping me with these issues is greatly appreciated.

Gary
laetzer

Re: Login Screen Not Showing + Menu ?

Posted:03 Jun 2008 (14:37 UTC)
The double titles appear, because the alt-attribute of the icons are filled with a description of where the link around that icon leads to. It's not exactly the optimum, but, since the icon can't be read, the browser display that alt-text instead. Your icons are referenced like this:

<?php
domain
.com/genwiki/htdocsthemes/icon_styles/tango/small/go-home.png
?>

but that htdocsthemes in your path is wrong, maybe it should be /htdocs/themes/. Still, that's not where your icons reside at the moment, as it appears they are in

<?php
domain
.com/themes/icon_styles/tango/small/go-home.png
?>

so there is something wrong with your paths. I'm not sure but maybe it's enough to edit the file /kernel/config_inc.php where it says path to bitweaver installation. Maybe that also fixes the other problems
Gary Wood
Profile Picture

Posted:03 Jun 2008 (20:14 UTC)
Thanks for the insights. That may well be the challenge indeed. Unfortunately I've changed the config_inc.php and that didn't fix it. I had to change that after the initial install to get anything to work. I'm wondering if anyone knows where else the path may have been set from the install so I can change those files as well.

I sure appreciate your time and assistance laetzer!
laetzer

Posted:04 Jun 2008 (18:11 UTC)
Since "genwiki/htdocs" seems to be the problem, did you search for it in your database already? Maybe it pops up as some kernel setting. Also, are you sure you edited the right config_inc.php? Path mix-ups are nasty.
  Page 1 of 1  1