Formatting tables, contents

kinderlehrer

Formatting tables, contents

Posted:03 Oct 2008 (02:29 UTC)
Ok, I am hoping there is a positive 'yes of course you can do it' type of response to this but I am not so sure.

I am trying to figure out the tables in the wiki.

I have looked at the wiki help in BW, and gone across to the tiki wiki help too (just in case).

Is there somewhere that has more detailed information about how to combine the wiki table with css/html please?

Today I am trying to put a border around an image that is in a cell. The furthest I got was to get a black border top and bottom of the image but spanning the entire width of the cell.

This was using

I tried fiddling with the style sheet for this theme and adding a class but that didn't seem to want to render.

I have looked at the html plugins and settings in Liberty and turned them on and off to see what they would do.

I even tried background="colour" to provide an alternative way to define the edges of the images (some of which is white and therefore blends with some of the table row colours) which is okay but didn't seem to fill the whole cell.

Am I totally missing something?
SpOOnman

Re: Formatting tables, contents

Posted:03 Oct 2008 (09:45 UTC)
You canuse:
{div} your table definition goes here {/div}

Then just write a corresponding CSS:
.yourclass table tr td img { border:1px solid #FF0000}
Definition above says: if some element has class yourclass and there is nested tree with tags table then tr then td then img - surround it with red border. Is this what you mean?
kinderlehrer

Posted:03 Oct 2008 (10:46 UTC)
(:smile:)Wow,(:smile:) fabulous,(:smile:) great,(:smile:) thank you! (:smile:)

I have yet to full understand what the code does, but it works and that makes me a happy chappy at the end of a long day struggling with all things BW.(:confused:)
SpOOnman

Posted:03 Oct 2008 (11:11 UTC)
You're welcome :)

It seems my post was cutted (and I can't edit). It should be:
div class\="yourclass"
  Page 1 of 1  1